Posted by rawr... im a dinosaur.... rawr on Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 6:44pm.
Many of the mineral deposits and oil reserves in Nunavut, the Yukon, and the Northwest Territories have not been developed because
environmental laws prohibit the mining of land in these territories.
native Inuit refuse to give up their lands.
the area is sparsely settled.
harsh climate and rugged terrain make mining difficult.
How have locks helped Ontario develop?
a.It has created a convenient system of transportation.
c.It has provided safe harbors for fishing boats.
b.It has helped control the flooding of the Great Lakes.
d.It has created an important tourist attraction.
Which of the following is an accurate statement about the economy of the Atlantic Provinces?
a.Tourism is the region’s major economic activity.
b. A recent economic slump has resulted in a large decline in the population of the region.
c.Forestry and farming are important economic activities in the region.
d.Over fishing of shrimp and crab has largely destroyed the fishing industry in the region.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - 12. The natural factor limiting development of the West is the ...
- Q&A Check Please, geo 7th grade - Which of the following is an accurate ...
- Environmental Science - 34. In two or three well-developed paragraphs, list four...
- Q&A Check Please, geo 7th grade - Toronto reflects more of the British culture ...
- Social Studies - 1. The climate along the equator in Africa is ____. A. hot and ...
- Finance - A new bank has vault cash of $1 million and $5 million in deposits ...
- check geo - russian coasts lie along the pacific and artic oceans, as well as ...
- Socials--no sites. - What happened on April 1st, 1999? Why is this significant? ...
- Science - What happens when mineral deposits are found? A. Miners lose their ...
- Geography - Russia has: A. Small reserves of mineral resources B. huge ...