Posted by rawr... im a dinosaur.... rawr on Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 6:27pm.
Which of the following is an accurate statement about the economy of the Atlantic Provinces?
Tourism is the region’s major economic activity.
A recent economic slump has resulted in a large decline in the population of the region.
Forestry and farming are important economic activities in the region.
Overfishing of shrimp and crab has largely destroyed the fishing industry in the region.
The economic development of Ontario and Quebec was greatly influenced by their location
bordering the United States.
bordering the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River.
along the Grand Banks.
in the Canadian Shield.
Why have the Atlantic Provinces developed differently than the Northwest territories?
The Atlantic Provinces have a more temperate climate and are suitable for fishing.
The Northwest territories have a more temperate climate and are suitable for agriculture.
The Atlantic Provinces cannot be settled on extensively because of the extreme weather conditions.
The Northwest territories were the first areas to be settled in Canada and have strong connections to the fishing industry.
Thanks in advance!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Q&A Check Please, geo 7th grade - Many of the mineral deposits and oil reserves ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). Which industries drive Canada's economy? 2). In which...
- Geo- 7th Grade - What are the Atlantic Provinces?
- Geography - 14. How has Italy's economy changed since 1950? a. Italy has ...
- geo - what are 5 economic activities , and why they would be considered as an ...
- Social Studies - Economic trends in China's Gross Domestic Product over a 50-...
- GEO HELPP! - Technological change often stimulates economic activity, suck as ...
- world geo - The statement, "Paraguay is one of two landlocked South American ...
- Math - Bayes' theorem problem, Struggling with this the whole night, please help...
- Geography - 1. The statement, "Paraguay is one of two landlocked South American ...