Posted by Simran kaur on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 1:37am.
The age of ramesh and rahim are in the ratio 5:7. If ramesh was a years oldr and rahim was a years younger,the age of ramesh would have been twice age of rahim.find their age
plz gve me sltn fst
Math - Steve, Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 2:54am
if ramesh=x, rahim = 7/5 x
x+1 = 2(7/5 x - 1)
5x+5 = 14x - 10
9x = 15
so, ramesh is 5/3, rahim is 7/3
if ramesh were 5/3+1 = 8/3, and rahim were 7/3-1 = 4/3, ramesh would be twices as old as rahim.
I think a non-fractional age would have been better. Bogus problem.
Math - Reiny, Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 8:46am
ramesh's present age --- 5x
rahim's present age ----- 7x
under the "if" situation:
5x+1 = 2(7x-1)
5x+1 = 14x - 2
x = 1/3
Agree with Steve, silly question
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- word problem - Rahim has 5 boxes of sweets.Each box contains y sweets.His ...
- Math - Sheila's age is two years more than twice Nicole's age. The sum of their ...
- math - age problem - 3 years ago, Vin’s age is 3 times the age of Paul. At the ...
- math - 1.) 3 years ago, Vin’s age is 3 times the age of Paul. At the present, ...
- algeb - help please :) 1.) 3 years ago, Vin’s age is 3 times the age of Paul. At...
- math (PLZ HELP ASAP) - The students asked their math teacher to tell them her ...
- Mathematics-please help quick!! - Harry is twice as old as Doyle. Doyle's age is...
- Math - If thrice of "A's" age 6 years ago be subtracted from twice his present ...
- vivekanand H s SCHOOL - the difference of ages between 2 sisters is 10 years, 15...
- Math - A boy is 26 years younger than his father.In 3 years time, his age will ...