Posted by George on Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5:10pm.
I am having a hard time with economics - we just started in my social studies class. Can I have help with my homework, please?
What phrase best defines competition? (1 point)
just one main buyer of a good or service
just one main seller of a good or service
many different goods or services for sale in a market
many buyers and sellers of one good or service
Greater competition among sellers usually leads to _____________ (1 point)
lower prices and fewer choices for buyers.
lower prices and more choices for buyers.
higher prices and fewer choices for buyers.
higher prices and more choices for buyers.
A popular cell phone manufacturer begins selling a new phone with many unique features. Lots of people want to buy the new phone. The old phone cost $149. What is the most likely price of the new phone? (1 point)
A shopping mall has one kiosk that sells baseball caps. The kiosk charges $14.99 for a cap. Then an identical new kiosk opens nearby that also sells baseball caps. This kiosk charges $9.99 for a baseball cap. On what basis are the two kiosks mostly competing? (1 point)
Which of the following is not an example of a way in which sellers use non-price competition? (1 point)
a clearance sale
advertisements with celebrities
employee customer service training
retail store renovations
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5:11pm
After you've reread your assignment, please post the answers that YOU think are best. I'll be glad to check them for you.
- Social Studies - George, Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5:32pm
Yes, Here are my answers, please check them.
1. C - many different goods or services for sale in a market
2. B - lower prices and more choices for buyers.
3. D $199
4. C -price
5. A - a clearance sale
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5:39pm
All are right except for 1.
If there's a variety of goods and services for sale, this is not competition. Clothing stores don't compete with book stores. Bankers don't compete with pharmacies.
- Social Studies - Larry, Friday, November 2, 2012 at 6:10pm
Thanks so much Ms. Sue! I definitely understand #1 with your example.
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 2, 2012 at 7:11pm
You're very welcome, George/Larry.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - Where is a good place for me to find help with 5th grade social...
- language arts - I have another question on object of the preposition. In the ...
- Math - Bill had homework in social studies literacy and mathematics he's spent ...
- social studies - The homework was that you had to write a word that starts with ...
- Social Studies 8R - I need the definition for the following words: Fort Laramie...
- Social Studies 8R - help!!!!!! - I need the definition for the following words: ...
- social studies - How did Hindus and Buddhists look at social class differently? ...
- Math - luc has 1 h of homework to do. He has assignments to complete for social ...
- Social Studies - how would you study all 50 states and capitals IN ORDER. im ...
- social studies 6th grade - I am having a hard time finding the answer to this ...