Posted by fei on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 11:30pm.
9. If possible, change each comparison of red paint
to white paint to a percent comparison. If it is
not possible, explain why.
a. The fraction of a mix that is red paint is
b. The ratio of red to white paint in a different
mix is 2 to 5.
10. If possible, change each comparison to a fraction
comparison. If it is not possible, explain why.
a. The nut mix has 30% peanuts.
b. The ratio of almonds to other nuts in the mix is 1 to 7.
- math - Reiny, Friday, November 2, 2012 at 8:04am
These kind of questions are often done incorrectly
9 a) missing information
b) if the ratio of red paint to white paint is 2 : 5
that means there are 2parts red and 5 parts white for a total of 7 parts
so the fraction of the paint which is red is 2/7
and 2/7 (100%) is appr 28.86%
a)30% or 30/100 or 3/10 of the mixture is peanuts
b) ratio of almonds to other nuts = 1 : 7
so the percentage of almonds in the mixture = 1/8(100%) = 12.5%
suppose we have a 1000 g mixture
then amount of almonds = .125(1000) = 125 g
then amount of other nuts = 1000-125 = 875 g
so the ratio of almonds : other nuts
= 125 : 875
= 1 : 7
- math - Bob, Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 4:52pm
Misha has 8 cats. He gives away 8 how many does he have now?
- math - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 1:09pm
In 1970, the total enrollment in public universities and colleges in a country was 5.7 million students. By 2004, enrollment had risen to 13.1 million students. Assume enrollment can be modeled by exponential growth.
(a) Estimate the total enrollments in 1980, 1990, and 2000. (Round your answers to one decimal place.)
(b) How many years after 1970 until the enrollment doubles from the 2004 figure? (Round your answer to one decimal place.)
(c) By what percent is the enrollment increasing each year? (Round your answer to two decimal places.)
- math - Karina, Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 8:01pm
The fraction of a mix that is red paint 1/4
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How do we solve this problem? If possible change each comparison of red ...
- Math - Jaime mixes purple paint. She uses six pints of blue paint for every five...
- math - Jaime mixes purple paint. She uses three pints of blue paint for every ...
- Geometry - Jaime mixes purple paint. She uses three pints of blue paint for ...
- math - Barry is getting an early start on this year's summer chores, he started ...
- math - An interior decorator must mix red and white paint in the ratio of 2:5 in...
- Math - Roger mixed 5/8 cup of red paint with 2/5 of yellow paint. How much red ...
- Math6/7 - Allison made purple paint by mixing 3 parts red paint with 4 parts ...
- Math - Last week Gina's art teacher mixed 9 pint of red paint with 6 pints of ...
- Math - A 720ml container holds a mixture of red, yellow, and white paint in a 5:...