Posted by fei on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 11:30pm.
9. If possible, change each comparison of red paint
to white paint to a percent comparison. If it is
not possible, explain why.
a. The fraction of a mix that is red paint is
b. The ratio of red to white paint in a different
mix is 2 to 5.
10. If possible, change each comparison to a fraction
comparison. If it is not possible, explain why.
a. The nut mix has 30% peanuts.
b. The ratio of almonds to other nuts in the mix is 1 to 7.
- math - Reiny, Friday, November 2, 2012 at 8:04am
These kind of questions are often done incorrectly
9 a) missing information
b) if the ratio of red paint to white paint is 2 : 5
that means there are 2parts red and 5 parts white for a total of 7 parts
so the fraction of the paint which is red is 2/7
and 2/7 (100%) is appr 28.86%
a)30% or 30/100 or 3/10 of the mixture is peanuts
b) ratio of almonds to other nuts = 1 : 7
so the percentage of almonds in the mixture = 1/8(100%) = 12.5%
suppose we have a 1000 g mixture
then amount of almonds = .125(1000) = 125 g
then amount of other nuts = 1000-125 = 875 g
so the ratio of almonds : other nuts
= 125 : 875
= 1 : 7
- math - Bob, Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 4:52pm
Misha has 8 cats. He gives away 8 how many does he have now?
Answer this Question
- Math - How do we solve this problem? If possible change each comparison of red ...
- math - Barry is getting an early start on this year's summer chores, he started ...
- math - An interior decorator must mix red and white paint in the ratio of 2:5 in...
- Math - Last week Gina's art teacher mixed 9 pint of red paint with 6 pints of ...
- Math - A 720ml container holds a mixture of red, yellow, and white paint in a 5:...
- math - a paint color is made by mixing red and yellow paint. the ratio of red to...
- hard math - The jelly Junior school color is made by mixing red paint and yellow...
- Math - A mixture is 20% red paint, 35% yellow paint, and 45% water. If 5 quarts ...
- chemistry - Explain how mixing red paint and white paint could be used as an ...
- MATH - john mixed 3/4 liter of yellow paint with 1 1/4 liters of red paint to ...