Posted by Jman on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 2:54pm.
1. How would you describe a deferred vacation?
a. One that was booked several months ago.
b. One that was delayed until a later time.
c. One that was planned out many months ahead of time.
2. The speaker in the poem, “Mother To Son,” says the following: “Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.” This is an example of which literary element?
3. Choose the correct vocabulary word for the following sentence: “We know the stranger came from a distance because of the _______ he spoke.”
b. figurative language
4. Read the following lines from “Mother to Son”:
So, boy, don’t you turn back
Don’t you set down on the steps
‘Cause you finds it kinder hard.
What advice is the mother giving with the metaphor used in these lines?
a. Son, don’t give up on following your dreams when things get difficult.
b. Son, don’t stop climbing up the stairs just because you are tired.
c. Son, there is no time to rest when there is work to be done.
d. Son, the road to your goals is a long one.
5. Identify the helping verb in the sentence below.
We will attend the party if we finish our chores in time.
d. will attend
- Lang Arts - Jman, Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 3:16pm
I already know the last one its c. I just need the rest
- Lang Arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 3:34pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- Lang Arts - Jman, Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 4:02pm
It's okay. I already figured it out. I got 100%. But thanks anyway! :)
- Lang Arts - Anonymous, Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 10:59pm
what were they?
- Lang Arts - JJ., Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 9:29pm
The answers are:
Got 100% :)
Answer this Question
Computer Science - For MathMate: Mythical Man Ques. You answered my ques. ...
math - tracy had coffee once a day, and the special blend she bought at Donna...
Finance - The average cost for a vacation is $1,050. If a family borrows money ...
Lang Arts Debate..PLZ HELP!!! - ok there seems to be a lil confusion. the ...
math - Need help on one more category for a statistical question that could be ...
math - Deposits of $1,000, $1,100 and $680 were made into a savings account, the...
value of money - Deposits of $1,000, $1,100 and $680 were made into a savings ...
science - Shown below are the data giving the length of life of lights in an ...
Statistics - Shown below are the data giving the length of life of lights in an ...
English - (1)Brenda would have liked to have taken her vacation at the beach. (2...
For Further Reading