Posted by Samantha on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 8:32pm.
A New World to the American Revolution
Directions: IDENTIFY and give the SIGNIFICANCE of 5 of the 7 terms below. (Caveat! Be thorough! An IDENTIFICATION should answer the four criteria 1.What? 2.Where? 3.When? and 4.Results?, while the SIGNIFICANCE should state Why?)
Example: 1. Pequot War. IDENTIFICATION: The Pequot tribe was seen as a threat to Puritans because the Pequot controlled southern New England trade. To push the Indians aside, Connecticut and Massachusetts soldiers allied with the Narragansett tribe to set the main Pequot fortified village at Mystic ablaze. This resulted in a massacre of 500 Pequot lives in 1637 at Mystic, CT. SIGNIFICANCE: The Pequot War set the precedence of policy for taking Indian lands by the puritans and Americans. It set the stage for the future treatment of Indians by Americans and Puritans all the way into the 1890's to the Battle at Wounded Knee.
Choose 5 of the terms below:
2. The Columbian Exchange
3. The Jumonville Incident
4. Fort William Henry
5. Northwest Ordinances
6. The Proclamation of 1763
7. Great Awakening
8. Salem Witchcraft Trial
- US HISTORY I - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 8:35pm
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
- US HISTORY I - Samantha, Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 8:58pm
Ms. Sue. Sorry this is my first time posting on this website. I posted the full question to avoid confusion. Let me clarify. My teacher stated that the identifications of these terms would be easy to find in our textbook or on the internet. He then stated that the significance would not be as easy to discover and would requite extra insight. I have already written down all identifications and what I believe their significance to be. I typed my first term, Pequot War, as an example. I was posting my question here to see the opinion of others. Anything can help. Thank you.
- US HISTORY I - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 9:07pm
Welcome to Jiskha, Samantha! :-)
Which five terms have you identified? What significance do you think they each have?
I'll be glad to critique your response and add to it if I can.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- history - what are the two towns near boston that in 1775 the first battles of ...
- World History (Revolutions) - what are some differences and similarities between...
- World History - In the question "Why the haitian revolution probably truer to ...
- History Ms. Sue - This is from the website that you gave me about four freedoms ...
- Louisiana History - 1. Which was not a reason for the King of Spain to be ...
- History - Write a well-organized essay that explains how the Americans won the ...
- history - A study of the causes of the American Revolution of 1776, the French ...
- college-history - 1. Should American foreign policy be based on our values and ...
- AP World History - How did rum play a role in the American Revolution?
- History - At my school there is this History Day Project and I'm doing it on ...