Posted by Angela on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 10:03am.
How can I make this sentence better for my objective on my resume.
To obtain an administrative assistant position where my professional skills will be used to the fullest.
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 10:26am
Do you HAVE to have an objective statement? Usually those are pretty lame and unnecessary.
Check out Purdue University's section on professional writing, including resumes and cover letters.
If you absolutely have to include this unnecessary item because of a class assignment, start out like this:
To work as an administrative assistant ...
What are those "professional skills"? Exactly what do you mean?
What does "the fullest" mean? It's a very awkward phrasing and is just about meaningless.
You'd be far better off to include a section called Core strengths or simply Strengths in place of Objective -- and then bullet-list those strengths in detail. Here's an example:
Interaction with customers, in person and via telephone
Communication with staff
~ Basic Word and Excel
~ Data entry
~ Internet: email, searching, web-publishing
Problem solving and conflict resolution
Ordering and inventory
Budgets and cost controls
Profit and loss statements
Answer this Question
- English - I am trying to use this as an objective for my resume. I am applying ...
- resume help - i have to write a resume for my english class so for my job, i ...
- english - This sentence keep showing up as a error in it. Could you please find ...
- english - can anyone please let me know my grammatical mistakes in this ...
- English - I'm writing a sample resume for school. For my skills can I label it ...
- Resume - for a person who has so many experiences and like to change jobs; on ...
- English - This is a thank you letter to a company. Please check it and let me ...
- resume (education) - I have to make a resume and my teacher wants us to include ...
- English application letter - Please help me with my application letter I am so ...
- English - In the example resume in the book it breaks down this guys skills into...