Posted by Mohammad on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 8:16pm.
ms. sue i need help with this poem why it be opposite of what it mean?
This was a day when nothing happened,
the children went off to school
without a murmur, remembering
their books, lunches, gloves.
All morning, the baby and I built block stacks
in the squares of light on the floor.
And lunch blended into naptime,
I cleaned out kitchen cupboards,
one of those jobs that never gets done,
then sat in a circle of sunlight
and drank ginger tea,
watched the birds at the feeder
jostle over lunchís little scraps.
A pheasant strutted from the hedgerow,
preened and flashed his jeweled head.
Now a chicken roasts in the pan,
and the children return,
the murmur of their stories dappling the air.
I peel carrots and potatoes without paring my thumb.
We listen together for your wheels on the drive.
Grace before bread.
And at the table, actual conversation,
no bickering or pokes.
And then, the drift into homework.
The baby goes to his cars, drives them
along the sofaís ridges and hills.
Leaning by the counter, we steal a long slow kiss,
tasting of coffee and cream.
The chickenís diminished to skin & skeleton,
the moon to a comma, a sliver of white,
but this has been a day of grace
in the dead of winter,
the hard knuckle of the year,
a day that unwrapped itself
like an unexpected gift,
and the stars turn on,
into the winter night.
- English ms. sue - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 8:24pm
The poet starts by saying nothing happened today.
But she tells of many things she did. Although it was an ordinary day, she thoroughly enjoyed all of it. It was a day of grace, a gift.
- English ms. sue - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 8:27pm
She made her family and herself happy.
- English ms. sue - Mohammad, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 8:38pm
thanks very much ms. sue :) do the poem have irony?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- to ms.sue - when i went on my school website: philasd dot org: mayfair school, ...
- to ms.sue - thank you ms.sue.i will remember you forever! here's a special poem ...
- To: Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue you know the matching activity I did the day before ...
- English 7 (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue I need your help for the second paragraph for my ...
- English - ms. sue - ms. sue i post question about story identities. i not get ...
- English - ms. sue - ms. sue what this quote mean i only say that it mean that ...
- Language Arts - Help Ms. Sue! Please check if I'm correct on this question. * ...
- To: Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue I need statistics on Sav. Syn. I tried looking on the ...
- English - ms. sue - WFE ms. sue when jacob say "age is a thief" what he mean by ...
- conspiracy - 3 reasons why ms.sue is illuminati confirmed 1. sue has 3 letters, ...