Posted by cathy on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 1:16am.
how would i find the derivative of these?
- calc - Reiny, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 9:31am
remember that √x = x^(1/2)
f ' (x) = 1/(√x + 1) ( (1/2)x^(-1/2)
= 1/( 2x^(1/2) (√x)(√x + 1)
= 1/( 2√x(√x + 1) or 1/(2(x+√x)
not clear if you meant
ln( x + 1/x - 1) --- the way you typed it , or
ln( (x+1)/(x-1) ) --- I have a feeling that's the one, or
ln( x + 1/(x-1) )
I will read it as ln ((x+1)/(x-1))
then this can be changed to
ln(x+1) - ln(x-1)
f ' (x) = 1/(x+1) - 1/(x-1)
= (x-1 - (x+1))/((x+1)(x-1))
notice how important brackets are ?
Answer this Question
- Math - Find an equation of the line that bisects the obtuse angles formed by the...
- Calculus - y=(√x)/((√x)+1) Find the concavity and point of ...
- Algebra - How would i complete these problems? 1. (√6mn)^5 2. ^3√16x...
- Algebra 2 Answer Check - Simplify by rationalizing each denominator. 1. 2/√...
- maths - I will be thankfull to you if you help me to solve the below problem: 6...
- CALC 1 - Suppose that h is a function with h'(x) = xe^x. Find all intervals ...
- calc - derivative of (x^3/6)+(1/2x)? i got (x^2/2)-(1/2x^2) is that correct? and...
- calc plzzzz help - This limit represents the derivative of some function f at ...
- Algebra Work Check - 1. 5√6 * 1/6√216 5/6 * √1296 5/6 * √...
- algebra 1 help - simplifying square roots 1) find volume of this prism? v=bwh b...