Posted by Jes on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 12:42am.
Can someone help me figure out the answer and..possibly show the steps.. to finding the derivative of these 3 questions..
1. f(x)=2(e^x) - x^2
2. f(x)=e^x/(e^x +1)
Math/Derivative - Steve, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 11:03am
#1. (e^x)' = e^x, so
f' = 2e^x - 2x
f' = (e^x(e^x+1) - e^x*e^x)/(e^x+1)^2
= (e^2x + e^x - e^2x)/(e^x+1)^2
or, knowing that e^x/(e^x+1) = 1 - 1/(e^x+1)
f' = e^x/(e^x+1)^2
#3. Recall that (a^u)' = ln a a^u u'
y' = ln 10 10^√x * 1/(2√x) = ln10/(2√x) 10^(√x)
Math/Derivative - Anonymous, Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:39am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Could I please get some help for these 3 questions, apologies for asking ...
- Math/Derivative - Had a few more >.< if you could possibly show steps so i...
- Calculus - I need help with finding first and second derivative--simplify your ...
- Calc-Derivative - Find the derivative of x^(1/x). Can someone show me steps for ...
- calculus - (i know i've asked so many questions. i just want to make sure my ...
- Calc I - if f(t)=sqrt(4t+1) find f''(2) I got the first derivative to be: 1/2(4t...
- Calc - sinx+x^2y=1 use implicit differentiation to find the second derivative. ...
- Math - derivative of sinusoidal (check) - a) Find a function y=f(x) that ...
- Derivatives- Math - Can someone explain how to find the derivative of : 1. y= 5...
- Calculus - derivatives - Okay, I want to find the derivative of (x^x)^(x^x)... ...