Posted by johnny on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 5:34pm.
6) If average movie ticket prices rise by about 5 percent and attendance falls by about 2 percent, other things being equal, the elasticity of demand for movie tickets is about:
7) When labor is the variable input, the average product equals the
A. marginal product divided by the number of workers
B. marginal product multiplied by the number of workers
C. number of workers divided by the quantity of output
D. quantity of output divided by the number of workers
8) The increase in output obtained by hiring an additional worker is known as
A. the average product
B. the marginal product
C. the total product
D. value added
9) Which of the following is the best example of a long-run decision?
A. An automobile manufacturing company is considering whether or not to invest in robotic equipment to develop a more cost-effective production technique.
B. An automobile manufacturing company is considering whether or not to expand its existing workforce, while keeping the same factory and equipment.
C. A business consulting firm is considering whether or not to hire interns to assist with research and data processing.
D. A business consulting firm is considering whether or not to add new computers while maintaining the same number of employees.
10) Other things being equal, when average productivity falls,
A. average fixed cost must rise
B. marginal cost must rise
C. average total cost must rise
D. average variable cost must rise
- economics - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 12:21pm
25) From the point of view of consumer and producer surplus, what problem may be created when a country subsidizes the cost of energy to consumers to help alleviate the burden of higher energy costs?
A. It hurts the poor and benefits the rich.
B. It leads to less fuel being used than the amount that maximizes consumer surplus.
C. It encourages the consumption of too much fuel at the expense of other goods.
D. It has no effect; consumers gain a surplus, but taxpayers lose the same amount because they must finance the subsidy.
Answer this Question
ECON - . Movie attendance dropped 8 percent as ticket prices rose a little more ...
managerial econ - Movie attendance dropped 8 percent as ticket prices rose a ...
economics - Movie attendance dropped 8 percent as tick prices rose a little more...
Calculus - A baseball team plays in a stadium that holds 53,000 spectators. With...
Managerial Economics - If the price of computers falls 6 percent during a period...
math - A bond has an average return of 6.8 percent and a standard deviation of 4...
Math - average grade - Does anyone know how to calculate average point grade? I ...
math - if attendance at a certain high school had incresed by 30 percent over ...
math - The Houston Chronicle on January 13, 2007 reported on Texans' ticket ...
Stats - A new extended-life light bulb has an average service life of 750 hours...
For Further Reading