Posted by Lee on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 3:17pm.
Which steps transform the graph of y=x^2 to y=-2(x-2)^2+2.
a) translate 2 units to the left translate down 2 units stretch by factor 2
b)translate 2 units to the right translate up 2 units stretch by the factor 2
c)reflect across the x-axis translate 2 units to the left translate down 2 units stretch by the factor 2
d)reflect across the x-axis translate 2 units to the right translate up 2 units stretch by the factor 2
Can someone please help me, not sure how to do this problem.
algebra - Steve, Monday, October 29, 2012 at 3:20pm
Looks like D to me
Technically, the stretching is done before the translation. Otherwise the coordinates of the vertex would also be scaled.
algebra - Lee, Monday, October 29, 2012 at 3:22pm
Okay thank you
algebra - Rach, Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 1:56pm
1-7 answers for Factoring quadratic quiz
algebra - Noelle, Monday, February 22, 2016 at 7:03am
Well it's the reflect across the x-axis, translate 2 units to the left, translate down 2 units, stretch by the factor of 2..
algebra - pls answer correctly, Monday, December 5, 2016 at 7:39pm
i just took the quiz and two of the things Rachel said was wrong:/
10 and 11, may help if u type "algebrahelp factoring calculator" into google, jiskha wouldn't let me link but it'll be there
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How can you sketch the graph y = |x - 2| ? A)Translate the graph of y = |...
- algebra - which steps transform the graph of y=x^2 to y=-(x-3)^3+2 would it be 3...
- Pre-Calc - I have one more question I don't understand. It's a multiple choice ...
- college algebra, Please help!! - the graph of y=1/3 3square root x+5 can be ...
- Calculus 1 - Explain how the following graphs are obtained from the graph of y=f...
- 6th Grade Math - which of the following would translate a segment 5 units to ...
- algebra - how do the graphs of y=1/x and y=3/x-4 compare? a) compared to the ...
- algebra 2 - What are two different transformations that will transform f(x)=5x+3...
- Math help Please - 2. How do the graphs of y = 1/x and y = 3/x – 4 compare? (1 ...
- Pre-Calc/Trig... - Help me please. Which of the following accurately depicts the...