Posted by Lee on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 3:17pm.
Which steps transform the graph of y=x^2 to y=-2(x-2)^2+2.
a) translate 2 units to the left translate down 2 units stretch by factor 2
b)translate 2 units to the right translate up 2 units stretch by the factor 2
c)reflect across the x-axis translate 2 units to the left translate down 2 units stretch by the factor 2
d)reflect across the x-axis translate 2 units to the right translate up 2 units stretch by the factor 2
Can someone please help me, not sure how to do this problem.
- algebra - Steve, Monday, October 29, 2012 at 3:20pm
Looks like D to me
Technically, the stretching is done before the translation. Otherwise the coordinates of the vertex would also be scaled.
- algebra - Lee, Monday, October 29, 2012 at 3:22pm
Okay thank you
- algebra - Rach, Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 1:56pm
1-7 answers for Factoring quadratic quiz
- algebra - Noelle, Monday, February 22, 2016 at 7:03am
Well it's the reflect across the x-axis, translate 2 units to the left, translate down 2 units, stretch by the factor of 2..
- algebra - pls answer correctly, Monday, December 5, 2016 at 7:39pm
i just took the quiz and two of the things Rachel said was wrong:/
10 and 11, may help if u type "algebrahelp factoring calculator" into google, jiskha wouldn't let me link but it'll be there
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How can you sketch the graph y = |x - 2| ? A)Translate the graph of y = |...
- algebra - which steps transform the graph of y=x^2 to y=-(x-3)^3+2 would it be 3...
- 6th Grade Math - which of the following would translate a segment 5 units to ...
- Algebra - I have a few questions I need help with. They are to help review for ...
- Algebra II - Translate this equasion 2 units left and 4 units up: 9x^2+ 3x+ 10= ...
- ALGEBRA - Write a translation for 5 units to the left and up 8 units. I already ...
- Pre-Calc - I have one more question I don't understand. It's a multiple choice ...
- math - use transformation to rescue animals, start out at the x. the animal is ...
- math - 2. suppose a point at (2,3) is translated to (7,-1). which rule describes...
- Math help - Translate P(4,0) right 3 units and up 5 units. Give the coordinates ...