Posted by Ifi on Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 9:56pm.
dx/dy cos x sin y + x^5 = 11
i got dx/dy= (-cos x cos y)/ (-sin x sin y +5x^4)
But the wolfram got
(1- cos x cos y)/(5x^4-sin y sin x), where is the 1 come from?
- Math - Reiny, Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 11:11pm
so we are differentiating
cosx siny + x^5 = 11 implicitly ?
cosx(cosy) dy/dx + siny(-sinx) + 5x^4 = 0
dy/dx = (sinx siny - 5x^3)/(cosx cosy)
which agrees with my Wolfram result
- Math - Reiny, Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 11:17pm
just noticed you wanted dx/dy (strange)
cosx siny + x^5 = 11
cosx(cosy) + siny(-sinx) dx/dy = 5x^4 dx/dy = 0
dx/dy (5x4 - sinxsiny) = - cosxcosy
dx/dy = -cosxcosy/(5x^4 - sinxsiny)
the same as yours.
- Math - Ifi, Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 4:53am
At reiny .... Thanks
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- algebra - Can someone please help me do this problem? That would be great! ...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- Precal - I do not understand how to do this problem ((sin^3 A + cos^3 A)/(sin A...
- Trig - Find sin(s+t) and (s-t) if cos(s)= 1/5 and sin(t) = 3/5 and s and t are ...
- pre-cal - Simplify the given expression........? (2sin2x)(cos6x) sin 2x and cos ...
- math - Can you please check my work. A particle is moving with the given data. ...