Posted by Elizabeth on Friday, October 26, 2012 at 7:55pm.
I don't know exactly how to start this question:
A sample gas contains 2.95 x 10e24 molecules. The sample is 21.0% oxygen. Calculate volume of oxygen in liters assuming oxygen has a density of 1.308 g/L.
Please help me how to do this. I have been stuck and still trying to figure this one out.
Chemistry - bobpursley, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 9:13pm
figure moles of gas first; moles=2.95E24/avag number
then moles O2=molestotal*.21
then mass 02=molesO2*32grams/mole
Chemistry - Elizabeth, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10:31pm
Okay. Please check. If you can please show me how its done when you put it together. I have it scattered so I was a bit stuck when I tried to do each step. I know dimensional analysis allows the cross cancelling when you do it on paper and its hard to see whats cancelled in each step on the computer. Thank you so much.
2.95E24/6.02E23=4.90 mol (g)
(4.90mol O)(0.21 O)=1.029 mol O
2(15.9994)=31.9988 g/mol O:
(1.029 mol O)(31.9988 g/mol)=32.9267652g
Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 12:44am
Why don't you put it together on paper so you can see what cancels?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A 36.1 mL sample of oxygen gas contains 0.529 mol of oxygen. If ...
- chemistry - Calculate the number of grams of reactant left over when 28.35 grams...
- Chemistry - I have an exam in a day and I'm confused on how to solve this ...
- Chemistry UPDATED QUESTION - A sample of air contains 78.08% nitrogen, 20.94% ...
- chemistry - how many molecules are in 5.5 moles of oxygen gas? How many atoms ...
- chemistry - A 2.45 gram sample of potassium chlorate is heated an the oxygen gas...
- Chemistry - A sample of air contains 78.8% nitrogen, 20.94% oxygen, 0.05% carbon...
- Science - If a mineral sample has a mass of 10 g, how many grams of oxygen does ...
- chemistry - In a certain compound of copper and oxygen, a sample weighing 0....
- CHEMISTRY - In a certain compound of copper and oxygen, a sample weighing 0....