Posted by danica on Friday, October 26, 2012 at 4:30pm.
the perimeter of a rectangle is 160m and its area is 1200m^2 find its dimensions
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 4:58pm
I'll get you started.
√ 1200 = 34.64
- math - danica, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 5:00pm
then what i seriously have no clue what im doing
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 5:26pm
With a little trial and error, I found that the dimensions must be 20 by 60
- math - Reiny, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 5:29pm
2w + 2l = 160
w+l = 80
wl = 1200
w(80-w) = 1200
80w - w^2 - 1200=0
w^2 - 80w + 1200 = 0
(w-20)(w - 60) = 0
w = 20 or w = 60
if w = 20, then l = 80-20 = 60
and if w - 60 , then l = 80-60 = 20
So the rectangle is 20 by 60 as Ms Sue found by trial-and-error
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - a rectangle's width is one-seventh its length, its perimeter is 160m. ...
- Math - Find the Maximum area for the given perimeter of a rectangle. State the ...
- Math - The first question is this: Helen designs a rectangle with an area of 225...
- grade 3 math - 1) what is the greates perimeter of a rectangle with an area of ...
- math - Find the dimensions of a rectangle with perimeter 40 with the largest ...
- Math - in a rectangle the measures of the base and the altitude are in a ratio ...
- Math - Find the perimeter and the area of the rectangle. I cant upload pics. Its...
- Math - 2. A rectangle whose perimeter is 80 m has an area of 384 m^2. Find the ...
- MATH0098 - The perimeter of a rectangle is 58yd , and the area of the rectangle ...
- geometry - The perimeter of a rectangle is 42m , and the area of the rectangle ...