Posted by ash on Friday, October 26, 2012 at 3:36pm.
Which of the following provides the most significant contrast to the feelings of the detained Chinese immigrants at the Angel Island Immigration Center in California?
A.The feelings of the Chinese immigrants at Ellis Island.
B.The feelings of the Europeans immigrants at Ellis Island
C.The feelings of African Americans fighting for Civil Rights.
D.The feelings of the family members left behind in China.
i think the answer is A?
world history - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 3:42pm
I disagree. Very few Chinese immigrants came through Ellis Island.
world history - Anonymous, Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 2:42am
i agree with Ms. Sue.
Just think about it...where was Ellis Island??? It was all the way in New York which was at the opposite side of US from California, farther from China. Back then wasn't like today where you could go basically everywhere in airplanes. The chances of Chinese immigrants at Ellis Island is very very low
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - Mark if the statement about Songhai is correct ? A) Angel Island had ...
- History - check my answers??? star* is by my answer 1. Historians (and ...
- English - Can someone check my my post? Thank you very much in advance. Franco ...
- history grade 3 - Why did the immigrants have to go to Ellis Island
- history grade 3 - What happened to the immigrants when they left Ellis Island?
- history grade 3 - What happened to the immigrants while they were at Ellis ...
- social studies - what have many immigrants done for our country in 1900s??? What...
- English - Find the word that means the same or almost in parenthesis in this ...
- engilsh - Based on what you know about feelings between the American and Chinese...
- U.S. History (Check)(REED) - 1. Why did nativist feelings increase in the 1920's...