Posted by ladybug on Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 10:27pm.
y=3x/x^2 + 81
for the given equation, list the intercepts and test for symmetry.
- college algebra - Reiny, Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 10:46pm
You have posted many times, and by now you should know that you will NEED brackets for equations like this to establish the proper order of operation.
I am sure you meant to type:
y = 3x/(x^2 + 81)
when x = 0, y = 0/81 = 0, so the origin is both a y and x intercept
subbing in a positive x will yield a positive y
subbing in a negative x will yield a negative y
but the absolute value will be the same
also , notice that f(-x) = -f(x)
e.g. x = 1, then y = 3/82
if x = -1 , y = -3/81
so there is a reflection in the origin.
- college algebra - ABN Tee, Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 11:02am
The height h(t), in feet, of an airborne tee shirt t seconds after being launched can be approximated by h(t) = - 15t^2+10, 0-<t-<. Find the times when the tee shirt will reach a fan 190 feet above ground level. The tee shirt will reach the fan at how many seconds?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college algebra - for the given equation list the intercepts and test for ...
- Algebra - For the given equation, list the intercepts and test for symmetry. 2+y...
- college algebra - list the intercepts and test for symmetry. y=-8x/x^2=49
- math - for the given equation, list the intercepts and test for symmetry. y=x^2-...
- algebra - list the intercepts and test for symmetry y = x^4 + 1 divided by 2x^5
- calculus - The midppoint of the line segment from P_1 to P_2 is (-5,4). If P_1...
- calculus - I have two questions please 1.for the given equation list the ...
- Algebra - y^2-x-4=0 a)find all x and y intercepts of the graph implied by this ...
- College algebra - Given the following quadratic equation find. a) the vertex b) ...
- college algebra - Given the following quadratic equation, find;? a. the vertex ...