Posted by Esther on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 10:30am.
2. Mrs. Whimsey’s class is having a pizza party. If there are 16 students and 4 pizzas cut into 8 slices, what answer choice represents the fraction of one pizza each student receives?
Please help :)
- Math Please help!! - Steve, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 10:41am
4*8 = 32 slices
4 pizzas/16 students = 1/4 pizza/student
The number of slices doesn't matter, except that it helps to cut the pizzas into a multiple of 4 slices each, so students can get 1/4 pizza each. In this case, 1/4 pizza is 2 slices each.
- Math Please help!! - Esther, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 10:43am
Thank you sooo much steve!!! :)
- Math Please help!! - Steve, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 10:44am
no problem. So, where's my pizza!?!?
- Math Please help!! - Esther, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 10:50am
Lol, not sure ;)
- Math Please help!! - Anna, Friday, January 22, 2016 at 12:37pm
Thanks for the answer, I was totally confused.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Ms. Johnson's class is having a pizza party. If there are 14 students and...
- Math - Mrs. Johnson’s class is having a pizza party. If there are 14 students ...
- math - what is 0.68 written as a simplified fraction? a 68/100 b 17/25 c 100/68...
- 7th grade Math quick help Ms. Sue - Can you check to see if tese are right? 1. ...
- math - Mrs walkers ordered 10 pizza's for a party . Each pizza is cut into 8 ...
- math - A length of ribbon is 3 1/2 yd long. How many pieces 1 5/9 yd long can ...
- Math - A geometry class has a pizza party. there are 14 students that have a ...
- Math for Ms. Sue - A geometry class has a pizza party. there are 14 students ...
- 4th grade - At one table, some of the students shared 3 pizzas. Each pizza was ...
- math - A class is. Planning. A. Party. A pizza restaurant cuts. Each. Pizza. ...