Posted by Freddy on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 5:04am.
A 7900- helicopter accelerates upward at 0.90 while lifting a 1100- frame at a construction site.
A) What is the lift force exerted by the air on the helicopter rotors?
B)What is the tension in the cable (ignore its mass) that connects the frame to the helicopter?
C)What force does the cable exert on the helicopter
Physics - drwls, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 8:19am
Your numbers require dimensions.
Physics - ann, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 9:46pm
The forace exerted by the air
The problem does not state units, this assuming the weight is Kg and acceration is m/s2
g = 9.8
a = .9
from Netwon law
sum of force= ma
helicopter weight + frame weight X g + frame weight X a= force exerted by air
Force =(7900+1100) x 9.8 + (1100 x .9)
tension on the cabel
the forces acting on the cable is the frame
frame weight X g + frame weight X a= Tension in the cable
1100 x 9.8 + 1100 x .90=
Physics - jsh, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:51pm
why would the force of the air ONLY act on the frame? Isn't it also acting on the helicopter?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A 7900- helicopter accelerates upward at 0.90 while lifting a 1100- ...
- Physics! - A 6470 kg helicopter accelerates upward at 0.57 m/s2 while lifting a ...
- Physics - A 6490 kg helicopter accelerates upward at 0.59 m/s2 while lifting a ...
- Physics - In a rescue scene during the 911 crisis, a helicopter of mass 6000 kg ...
- physics - In a rescue scene during the 911 crisis, a helicopter of mass 6000 kg ...
- Physics - A 4610 kg helicopter accelerated upwards at 2 m/s^2. What lift force ...
- Physics - "A 5000kg helicopter accelerates upwards at 0.50m/s^2 while lifting a ...
- Phsyicssss PLease helppp ASAP - A helicopter is lifting two crates ...
- Physicsss helppp pleaseee - A helicopter is lifting two crates simultaneously. ...
- Physicssss please help - A helicopter is lifting two crates simultaneously. One ...