Posted by Math on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 11:13pm.
Julie is digging a square area in her backyard for a vegetable garden. If the area is 52 square feet, what is the approximate length of one side of her garden?
6 square feet
7 square feet
8 square feet
9 square feet
7 square feet is my answer, what's yours?
- Math - Steve, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 4:59am
since 7^2 = 49 and 8^2 = 64
since 52 is closer to 49 than 64, the square root will be closer to 7 than to 8.
However, all the choices are wrong, since the area is square feet, but each side is just feet.
7 feet is the correct answer, not 7 square feet.
- Math - jsjssjsjs, Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 1:41pm
Pierre is pouring concrete to create the foundation of a square deck covering 112 square feet. Which is the best estimate of one side of the deck? Round to the nearest tenth, if necessary.
10 sq feet
10.3 sq feet
10.6 sq feet
11 sq feet
- Math - HorseLover, Sunday, October 19, 2014 at 7:54pm
I don't know this question either
- Math - smart one : ), Monday, October 26, 2015 at 3:35pm
the last question is c 10.6
- Math - Salted Caramel , Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:10pm
Steve is right, the answer is 7.
All the correct answers...
1. C _/4 and _/9
2. B _/36 and _/49
3. D -9.5
4. B 7 feet
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please - 2. Shelly sews a blanket that has an area of 170...
- Math Help! - Jaquie is digging a square area in her backyard for a vegtable ...
- algebra1 Help pleASE - A gardener wants to create a rectangular vegetable ...
- Algebra - Suppose a square garden has an area represented by 9x^2 square feet. ...
- math - Harry planned a rectangular garden that was 40 feet long and 10 feet wide...
- a - Victoria wants to plant a vegetable garden in the shape of a square. She has...
- algebra - . Victoria wants to plant a vegetable garden in the shape of a square...
- Math - Algebra - If I have a garden that is square with sides of length x feet ...
- math - (exponents and roots) Michael wants to fence in a new garden so that the ...
- Math - Harry planned a rectangular garden that was 40 feet long and 10 feet wide...