Posted by Laruen on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 8:32pm.
What kind of business(es) did Vanderbilt control (location, dates number of employees, etc.)?
- Social Studies 8 - help! - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 8:44pm
Most of the businesses that Cornelius Vanderbilt controlled were railroads.
- Social Studies 8 - help! - Laruen, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 8:48pm
New York and Harlem Railroad (1863–)
Hudson River Railroad (1864–)
New York Central Railroad (1868–)
Canada Southern Railway (1873–)
Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railway (1873?–)
Michigan Central Railroad (1877–)
New York, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad (Nickel Plate Road, 1882–)
West Shore Railroad (1885–)
Rome, Watertown and Ogdensburg Railroad
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley and Pittsburgh Railroad
Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway
Lake Erie and Western Railroad
Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad
BTW -- I'm just going to pick 2-3 and write the dates and location
thanks again Ms. Sue! :)
Answer this Question
- Social Studies - between j.p. morgan, john d. rockefeller, cornelius vanderbilt...
- Social Studies - How did Vanderbilt become a railroad baron?
- Social Studies 8R - HELP! - Why do you think some people called Vanderbilt ...
- Social Studies 8 - help!!!!! (2nd question) - What organizations or buildings ...
- Business Mathmatics - Fandango Furniture Manufacturing, Inc., has 40 employees ...
- MATH - 100 employees leave a business that originally included 2000 employees. ...
- social studies - in what state can you find an inland location that is lower ...
- social studies - what is the location?? You need to be more specific. Location ...
- Business Ethics - You are a high level manager who has been asked to present a ...
- Social Studies - social studies - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 9:54pm ...