Posted by John on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 6:04pm.
Monday, Mr. C stacked a display case of 80 heads of lettuce. By end of day, some were sold.
Tuesday Mr. C counted lettuce left and decided to add an equal number of lettuce (**hint - he doubled the leftovers). At end of Tuesday, he sold the same number as Monday.
Wednesday Mr. C tripled lettuce left. He sold the same number that day too. At end of day, there were no lettuce left.
How manylettuce were sold each day?
Please help, I would appreciate guidance on this.
- Math - Steve, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 6:24pm
if he started with h heads of lettuce, and sold s,
end of Monday he had h-s
on Tuesday, he had 2(h-s) and sold s, leaving 2h-3s
On Wednesday, he had 3(2h-3s) and sold s, leaving 0.
6h-9s-s = 0
6h = 10s
So, he started out with some multiple of 10 and 6, let's say 30
Monday: start with 5, sold 3, leaving 2
Tuesday: start with 4, sold 3, leaving 1
Wednesday: start with 3, sold 3.
Or, he could have started out with
150, so h=25, s=15
Monday: start with 25, sold 15, leaving 10
Tuesday: start with 20, sold 15, leaving 5
Wednesday: start with 15, sold 15.
- Math - Steve, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 6:26pm
Oops. I forgot that he started with 80.
6*80 = 10s
s = 48
Start with 80, sold 48, leaving 32
Tuesday: start with 64, sold 48, leaving 16
Wednesday: start with 48, sold 48.
- Math - Anonymous, Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 8:12pm
Thanks!This really helped
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math 5the grade - word problem: Mimi's market sold 24 heads of lettuce one ...
- Math - The market sold 24 heads of lettuce one morning. That afternoon 2/7 of ...
- MATH - Mimi's Market sold 24 heads of lettuce one morning. That afternoon 2/7 of...
- English - Bring me the largest head of lettuce, please. I have to pick out the ...
- algebra II - 1. The sum of 3 consecutive odd numbers is 39. 2. Mrs. Gardner went...
- Equilibrium Price 2 - beginning from the point reached in your answer to part b...
- English - My Recipe for Making a Salad Ingredients: lettuce, potatoes, cucumber...
- Equilibrium Price - Suppose now that the invention of a better mechanical ...
- Math - Hayden had 2 1/2 gallons of water in his watering can. The seed packet ...
- Math (shown work, please help check) - Miss B. built a vegetable garden in her ...