Posted by memo on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:20pm.
1- The equipment needed to carry out a titration is:
hot plate, pipet, and filter paper
heat source, test tube, and filter paper
heat source, pipet, and burette
erlenmeyer flask, pipet, and burette
2- A student correctly predicted that 10.0 g of a precipitate would form when two aqueous solutions were reacted. When the solid was filtered and weighed, only 8.0 g of solid had been collected. A cause for the discrepancy is that
Question 12 options:
the student forgot to subtract the mass of the filter paper
some precipitate went through the filter paper or funnel
the sample was still wet when weighed
the student did the reaction at STP instead of SATP
- chemistry 20 MC questions - DrBob222, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:29pm
1 is D.
I don't know what you did for #2.
- chemistry 20 MC questions - memo, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:38pm
Thanks Dr. Bob
for #D this is the question given, there is no lab given!
- chemistry 20 MC questions - DrBob222, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 4:01pm
Some educated guesses.
It can't be C as extra H2O when weighed would make the apparent weight more than 8.0 g.
B is a good possibility.
I doubt D since this was not a gas experiment.
A. It isn't clear how the mass of the filter paper figures into the mass of the ppt and since B looks like a good answer I would go with B.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Science- Chemistry - A test tube containing a mixture of compounds X, Y, and a ...
- chemistry - *Please note my question is found in the Analysis section of this ...
- Chemistry - If performing a gravimetric sulfate experiment and you use ordinary ...
- chemistry - Because of the porosity of the filter paper some of the CaC2O4 x H2O...
- hirsch funnel filter paper - I used a filter paper that was too large for the ...
- chemistry - what is the percentage yield for Sr(NO3)2 + Na2SO4 -> SrSO4 + 2 ...
- chemistry - Please be specific! Briefly explain whether each if the following ...
- Filtration - Problem: In each of the following situations, what type of ...
- college chemistry - Please be specific! Briefly explain whether each if the ...
- science - What type of prac do you think you need to use a filter funnel and ...