Posted by Seastone on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 12:13am.
a) A 2.56 balloon contains 3.66 g of gas. Find the density
b) A 45.3 g sample placed in a graduated cylinder causes the water level to rise from 25.0 mL to 41.8 mL . Find the density
Chemistry 9 - DrBob222, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 12:45am
2.56 what. L?
b. density = mass/volume
mass = 45.3 g
volume = 41.8 mL - 35.0 mL = ?
Substitute and solve for density.
Chemistry 9 - Seastone, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 1:00am
Yeah sorry for typing wrong its 2.56 L balloon contains 3.66 g of gas.
Chemistry 9 - Seastone, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 1:05am
How do i do it?
Chemistry 9 - DrBob222, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 12:15pm
2.56 L x (1 mol/22.4L) = ? mols.
mols = g/molar mass. You know mola and grams, solve for molar mass.
Chemistry 9 - Seastone, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 6:44pm
Thank you so much:-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Calculate the density of an unknown sample of metal given that a 2....
- Chemistry - When a 1.1 gram ice cube is placed into a 10.0 mL graduated cylinder...
- chemistry help ASAP - a graduated cylinder contains 20.0 ml of water. when 100.g...
- chemistry - aluminum has a density of 27g/cm3 if a chunk of aluminum with a mass...
- Chemistry AP-Density - The level of water in a graduated cylinder is at the 100 ...
- Chemistry - Iron has density 7.87 g/cm3. If 52.3 g of iron is added to 74.5 mL ...
- chemistry - if a 15.2 milliliter sample of meta is submerged in a graduated ...
- chemistry - A graduated cylinder contains 17.0 mL of water. What is the new ...
- Chemisty - you have 100.0-mL graduated cylinder containing 50.0 mL of water. you...
- chemistry - A graduated cylinder contains 155mL mL of water. A 17.0g g piece of ...