Posted by Char on Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 10:32pm.
in the back stockroom at the wheel shop, the number of seats and horns equaled the number of wheels. the number of seats and handlebars equaled the number of horns. twice the number of wheels is equal to 3 times number of handlebars. Determine the relationship of horns to seat.
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 10:48pm
number of seats --- s
number of horns --- h
number of wheels -- w
number of handlebars -- b
"number of seats and horns equaled the number of wheels" ---> s + h = w
"the number of seats and handlebars equaled the number of horns" --> s + b = h
"twice the number of wheels is equal to 3 times number of handlebars" --> 2w = 3b
we want h : s, so play around getting rid of b and w
first and last:
w = s+h, w = 3b/2
so s+h = 3b/2
2s + 2h = 3b
b = h-s
in 2s + 2h = 3b
2s + 2h = 3(h-s)
2s + 2h = 3h - 3s
5s = h
then b = h-s = 5s-s = 4s
h = s+b = s+4s = 5s
so h:s = 5s : s = 5 : 1
horns : seats = 5 : 1
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The table below shows the relationship between the number of cafeteria ...
- Maths - A car showroom had 10y cars, 20y motorcycles and 18 vans. In a ...
- Math - An aircraft manufacturer determines that one of it's aircrafts has twice ...
- Discrete Mathematics - Mathematical sequences can be used to model real life ...
- college algebra - A rectangular auditorium seats 1920 people. The number of ...
- algebra - One evening 1500 concert tickets were sold for the Fairmont Summer ...
- Algebra II - A rectangular auditorium seats 900 people. The number of seats in ...
- Math - An assembly line worker at rob's bicycle factory adds a seat to a bicycle...
- math - assembly line worker at robs bicycle factory at the sea to bicycle at a ...
- math - There are 4 seats in each row of a bus except the last row, which has 5 ...