Posted by 303 on Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:26pm.
It was two by the village clock,
When he came to the bridge in Concord town.
He heard the bleating of the flock,
And the twitter of birds among the trees,
And felt the breath of the morning breeze
Blowing over the meadows brown.
And one was safe and asleep in his bed
Who at the bridge would be the first to fall,
Who that day would be lying dead,
Pierced by a British musket-ball.
What can you infer from the stanza?
Many men will be lost in the battle that same day.
Paul Revere’s ride will save the village.
The Americans will block access to the bridge.
The town of Concord will be spared by the British.
My answer is; Many men will be lost in the battle that same day.
What do you think?
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:36pm
- English - 303, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:44pm
How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry?
It is a poem has a setting, characters, and conflict.
It is prose that has a protagonist and antagonist.
I'm going to say, It is a poem has a setting, characters, and conflict?
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:47pm
Yes; it also has a plot.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - 1) From what elements of a story can you make inferences? (...
- lang arts - 1. From what elements of a story can you make inferences? characters...
- grammar/english/Ms.Sue - The following grammar sentences need to follow the rule...
- English - Thank you very much. I left out the following sentences. 1) I like ...
- English - I forgot to include these sentences. I hope you can have a look at ...
- evolutionary machanism - BIOLOGY - A flock of migrating birds is blown off ...
- Math - An airplane flying at a speed of about 100 mph was once overtaken and ...
- English redo - Ok, for my first question Flying over the oak tree,the farmer saw...
- math - word problem: Q1.there were 60 birds at three treesin some moment 6 birds...
- English - It's two p.m. There is a clock picture on the page. Draw an hour hand ...