Posted by 303 on Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:26pm.
It was two by the village clock,
When he came to the bridge in Concord town.
He heard the bleating of the flock,
And the twitter of birds among the trees,
And felt the breath of the morning breeze
Blowing over the meadows brown.
And one was safe and asleep in his bed
Who at the bridge would be the first to fall,
Who that day would be lying dead,
Pierced by a British musket-ball.
What can you infer from the stanza?
Many men will be lost in the battle that same day.
Paul Revere’s ride will save the village.
The Americans will block access to the bridge.
The town of Concord will be spared by the British.
My answer is; Many men will be lost in the battle that same day.
What do you think?
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:36pm
English - 303, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:44pm
How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry?
It is a poem has a setting, characters, and conflict.
It is prose that has a protagonist and antagonist.
I'm going to say, It is a poem has a setting, characters, and conflict?
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 4:47pm
Yes; it also has a plot.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- lang arts - 1. From what elements of a story can you make inferences? characters...
- English - I need 2 more similes and 2 metaphor like this bellow. Simile: Getting...
- grammar/english/Ms.Sue - The following grammar sentences need to follow the rule...
- English - Thank you very much. I left out the following sentences. 1) I like ...
- english - can you help me classify this sentence: The two blue birds trill ...
- English - 1. This morning, I walked to school, feeling embarrassed. 2. This ...
- English - I forgot to include these sentences. I hope you can have a look at ...
- evolutionary machanism - BIOLOGY - A flock of migrating birds is blown off ...
- English - 1. This morning, I walked to school, feeling embarrassed. 2. While, ...
- math - On Friday morning two clocks are correctly set at 6 a.m. One clock gains ...