Posted by tina on Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 10:39am.
In lowest terms, my numerator is 4 less than my denominator. Write 5 fractions 1 could be.
- math - Reiny, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 10:53am
same old ...
- math - tina, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 10:58am
What does same old means, can u please explain and let me know? Thanks
- math - Reiny, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 11:24am
It means this one is along the same type as the others I have answered for you
denominator --- x
numerator ----- x-4
fraction is (x-4)/x now put in some values of x
x = 10 , fraction is 6/10
x = 45 , fraction is 41/45
- math - Shell, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 11:36am
Reiny is correct about the equation you are looking for, but the examples are not quite what you want. The directions tell you "in lowest terms" that means your fraction has been reduced the farthest it can go and still be a fraction, and not a decimal.
So the example of 6/10 would not be one of your five, because it can be reduced farther to 3/5 which does not fit your equation. So just keep plunging in numbers and checking until you have 5 that fit both criteria.
- Shell is correct - math - Reiny, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 11:48am
sorry , I misread the question
you are looking for fractions such as
1/5 , 3/7, 5/9, 7/11 , 11/15 etc
notice the numerator is 4 less than the denominator,
and the fraction cannot be reduced.
(I picked primes for the top to avoid reducing to lowest terms)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I am having trouble understanding how to reduce fractions to its lowest ...
- algebra2 - the denominator of a fraction is 3 less than twice the numerator. if ...
- math - the sum of numerator and denominator is 3 less than twice the denominator...
- Math - Help me!;/ 1) my numerator is 6 less than my denominator. I am equivalent...
- math - 1. Find the LCD of 3/5 and 1/6. a. 5 b. 6 c. 11 d. 30 2 Add the fractions...
- Algebra - Solve Rational Inequalities x^2-x-2/x^2+5x+6<0 I cant figure this ...
- math - My numerator is 2 less than my denominator. I am more than 1/2. What ...
- Math - My numerator is less than my denominator.I am more than 1/2. What ...
- i need help asap! please. :) - ok, can somebody explain how to do this? simplify...
- Math - 1.Find the LCD of 3/5 and 1/6. (1 point) a.5 b.6 c.11 d.30 My answer D.(...