Posted by Felicia on Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:01pm.
The most common underlying feature associated with reading disorders is
A. associating new words with those in memory.
B. visually processing the shapes of letters.
C. interpreting the meaning of words.
D. distinguishing or separating sounds in spoken words.
I think its C.
Abnormal Psychology - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:05pm
Does your text book author state that?
Abnormal Psychology - Felicia, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:15pm
I think its D now
Abnormal Psychology - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:22pm
According to the article above, you're right. However, I've also known experts to claim that young children have trouble visually processing the shapes of letters. My brother was mildly dyslexic. When he was 5 or 6 he carved his name in a wooden door -- in what looks like mirror writing.
Please check your book to see what answer your teacher wants.
Abnormal Psychology - Felicia, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:24pm
Okay! I'll go over it again in my text book to be sure! But I'm pretty sure its D! Thank you!
Abnormal Psychology - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 7:31pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- child care - The most common underlying feature associated with reading ...
- sign language - can someone help me with sign language please!! 1)_____ of the ...
- Abnormal psychology - The cause of the most learning disorders is A limited ...
- PSY/soo - Compare and contrast normal and abnormal psychology. · Examine at ...
- English - need some advice! My learners will work on a text next week.In the ...
- Child Psychology - If you take the information-processing view of cognitive ...
- 7th grade - only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' ...
- health - a. anxiety disorders only affect adults over the age of 50. b. ...
- psychology - Which of the following statements regarding the nature of stress ...
- unscramble letters - ietnnrncuinvtohte 2 words first 12 letters, 2nd 5 letters ...