Posted by Kara on Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 6:13pm.
2x/3 + 1/4= x/6 - 1/2 solve for x
Algebra - Syed, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 6:53pm
You need to bring all the x's to one side and all the numbers to the other:
2x/3 + 1/4= x/6 - 1/2
2x/3 - x/6 = -1/2 - 1/4
now lets multiply both sides by 3 to get rid of the 3 in the denominator of 2x/3
2x - 3x/6 = -3/2 - 3/4
now 3x/6 can simply down to x/2
2x - x/2 = -3/2 - 3/4
now notice we still need to get rid of the 2 in the denominator of x/2, so lets multiple everything by 2
4x - x = -6/2 - 6/4
3x = -3 - 6/4
Lets get a common denominator on the right side
3x = -12/4 - 6/4
3x = -18/4
3x = -9/2
divide both sides by 3
x = -9/(2*3)
x = -9/6
x = -3/2 (since both 9 and 6 can be reduced by 3)
Therefore x = -3/2
Hope this helped!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - We have an important chemsitry test due and I want to make sure that I do...
- Intermediate Algebra - Combine like terms: -3x^2+2x-4x^2-9+6x-2x^2+8 Solve for x...
- algebra - Solve the indicated variable: 1. Volume of a cone: solve for h: V=¨ir^...
- Algebra - Solve for x: h=(k/4)(x-3L) Solve for B: v-6Bxk=7B Solve for S: z+(1/7)...
- Algebra - Hi, how would I solve these 2 equations using algebra? It states in ...
- Algebra 2 - Solve each system 3x+2y= -2 9x- y= -6 I know how to solve for x but ...
- Algebra 2 - How do I solve these inequalities: e^3x>e^x-1 -6log (subscript of...
- algebra - solve for the indicated variable: a. temperature formula solve for F: ...
- Algebra - FIND THE GCF OF THE PRODUCT (3B+6)(2B-10) SOLVE... X^2=-6X x(x+6)= 0 x...
- algebra - im trying to solve a literal equation, then solve the specific ...