Posted by Matt on Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 2:29pm.
how does geography affect the development of a civilization?
- Social studies - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 2:54pm
Most people want a moderate climate, fresh water, fertile land, and access to trade routes.
When ancient peoples settled in river valleys, they had all of those things. They were then able to develop agriculture and free up people to invent writing, consolidate laws, and improve on religious structure.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- geography - How did the geography of China affect the development of early ...
- social studies - How does geography affect development of a city
- Social Studies - how did geography affect the development of African kingdomes?
- Social Studies - In what ways did Geography and climate affect the development ...
- Social Studies - How did Nubia's physical features affect civilization in the ...
- social studies - geography - How did texas geography affect the native american ...
- social studies - How does geography afffect the development of a society?
- geography(development) - Would you say that the division of the world in the ...
- social studies - how does Italy's geography affect its economy?
- social studies - how did geography affect the italian peninsula?