Posted by Ashley S on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 9:18pm.
Number of Absences
- Find the correlation coefficient for the data.
I got this part of my answer. I believe the answer to be -0.9767
I am just going crazy with the second part.
- Find the equation for the regression line for the data, and predict the final grade of a student who misses 3.5 days.
- Statistic - MathGuru, Friday, October 19, 2012 at 6:19pm
Using an online calculator, I found the following:
6 data pairs (x,y):
( 0.00 , 93.0 ); ( 1.00 , 93.0 ); ( 2.00 , 77.0 ); ( 3.00 , 68.0 ); ( 4.00 , 65.0 ); ( 5.00 , 54.0 );
r = -0.977 (rounded to 3 decimal places)
Equation for the regression line:
predicted y = 95.6 - 8.23x
Substitute 3.5 for x in the regression equation to calculate y.
I hope this will help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- stats - Can someone please help me, I have been working on this for 2 hours now ...
- statistics - You are given the following data. Number of Absences Final Grade 0 ...
- Statistics - 2. You are given the following data. Number of Absences Final Grade...
- Stats - You are given the following data. # of Absences Final Grade 0 96 1 92 2 ...
- Math - You are given the following data. # of Absences Final Grade 0 96 1 92 2 ...
- PLZ HELP....STATS - You are given the following data. # of Absences Final Grade ...
- statistics - The data below are the average one-way commute times (in minutes) ...
- statistic - For the following dataset, enter the data into a calculator and find...
- statistics - how do I find the correlation coefficient r? Jesse put the ...
- Math - You use a line of best fit for a set of data to make a prediction about ...