Posted by m on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 4:24pm.
The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate each and identify the fallacy using the matching list
1. How can Clinton be leading this country? He's a draft-dodging, pot-smoking womanizer!
2. Michael Jordan wore that brand, so those must be the best basketball shoes.
3. The difference in the outcome was Jefferson's missed field goal. If he put it through, we'd be going to the Super Bowl.
4. Don't ignore the woman who gave you birth, raised you, loved you then, and loves you still. Remember your mom on Mother's Day.
5. That's got to be a great line of clothes. Have you seen the prices and the people endorsing it?
Each argument commits only one fallacy, and the fallacy is only used once.
a. False Analogy
b. Appeal to Authority
c. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
d. Attacking the Person
e. Two Wrongs
f. Non Sequitur
h. False Dilemma
i. Black and White (Slippery Slope)
j. Hasty Generalization
k. Contrary-to-Fact Hypothesis
l. Ad Ignorantium
m. Appeal to Emotion
Can you please check my answers. Thank you
Answer this Question
COM/220 - This particular DQ is due on Day 3. Please post your response to the ...
Foundation of Financial Management - Afirm's cost of financing, in an overall ...
Financial managemetn - A firm's cost of financing is equal to its: WACC, ...
English - The following is Karen Jo Shapiro's poem, "Me...
grammar - Does the following sentence contain any grammatical errors? Those are ...
language - I am trying to do a report on the following and can't find any sites ...
com 220 - Organizing Your Research Paper on the aXcess page. ...
Eng/102 - I need help with Create a full-sentence outline that includes ...
english - The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate ...
COM 220 - Answer the following questions in a minimum of 500 words: Identify ...