Posted by m on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 4:24pm.
The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate each and identify the fallacy using the matching list
1. How can Clinton be leading this country? He's a draft-dodging, pot-smoking womanizer!
2. Michael Jordan wore that brand, so those must be the best basketball shoes.
3. The difference in the outcome was Jefferson's missed field goal. If he put it through, we'd be going to the Super Bowl.
4. Don't ignore the woman who gave you birth, raised you, loved you then, and loves you still. Remember your mom on Mother's Day.
5. That's got to be a great line of clothes. Have you seen the prices and the people endorsing it?
Each argument commits only one fallacy, and the fallacy is only used once.
a. False Analogy
b. Appeal to Authority
c. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
d. Attacking the Person
e. Two Wrongs
f. Non Sequitur
h. False Dilemma
i. Black and White (Slippery Slope)
j. Hasty Generalization
k. Contrary-to-Fact Hypothesis
l. Ad Ignorantium
m. Appeal to Emotion
Can you please check my answers. Thank you
Answer this Question
english - The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate ...
COM 220 - Answer the following questions in a minimum of 500 words: Identify ...
Writing research - What were some arguments and counter arguments of Martin ...
Eng/102 - I need help with Create a full-sentence outline that includes ...
researching essays - Identify examples of bias fallacies and specific rhetorical...
research writing - Identify examples of bias fallacies and specific rhetorical ...
Quantitative Literacy | MAT106 - In this assignment, look for and provide two ...
com 220 essay writing - what are some examples of bias, fallacies and specific ...
COM/220 - This particular DQ is due on Day 3. Please post your response to the ...
English - Identify examples of bias, fallacies, and specific rhetorical devices ...