Posted by natasya on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 7:09am.
sally and susan had an equal amount of oney each. after sally spent $15 and susan spent $24, the ratio of sally's money to susan's money was 4:3. how much money did each girl have at first?
- math - Henry, Friday, October 19, 2012 at 3:51pm
$24 - $15 = $9.00.
They had the same amount left.But Susan
spent $9 more. Theefore, Susan had $9
more to begin with:
Sally had $X.
Susan had $(X+9).
(X+9)/X = 4/3.
4x = 3x + 27
X = $27.
X+9 = 27+9 = $36.
- math - Anonymous, Monday, April 20, 2015 at 8:32am
After they spent the money of $15 and $24 respectively, Sally has $x+9 and Susan has $x. Which is at a ratio of 4:3
So after spending the money, Sally has $36 and Susan has $27.
How much did they have to start with? Add $15 to Sally and $24 to Susan.
They had $51 each to start with.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - sally and susan had an equal amount of oney each. after sally spent $15 ...
- math,(fraction) - Susan had some money. she spent one-sixth of her money on ...
- maths - During a trip, Sally spent 1/4 of her money on some clothes. She also ...
- Math - Jamie brought $72 more than Sally brought. Tia and Sally brought the same...
- math - Sally spent $36 and had $12 left. What percent of her money did she spent...
- rubidoux high school - Susan is putting money into a checking account. Let y ...
- maths - jemima has twice as much money as matthew. jemima has four times as much...
- Math - Sarah was given a sum of money. She spent the same amount of money each ...
- math - 2. Susan has a bank account in Bank of America. She takes out 600 dollars...
- Math - A merchant visited 3 fairs. At the first, he doubled his money and spent...