Posted by Darlene on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 11:01pm.
Please help! Please correct any mistakes
Your favorite cousin has moved to your town and is looking for a job. Her previous experiences are
working as a cashier and sales clerk at two department stores. You know she plans to apply at similar
stores in your town. But you also know she is a perfect match for a job opening as a reliable assistant
to your boss. You know she has the skills, though she doesn’t think she is as capable as she is, and
you’re sure she’d be good at this job.
Your goal is to persuade your cousin to apply for the job. You e-mail her a paragraph explaining the
specifics of the job and the reasons she should apply. You want to convince her that she has the job
skills required. You’ll use an informal tone, of course, but will take care to use correct business writing
to show her that you take your recommendation seriously
- Writing Sentences & Paragraphs - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 11:07pm
See the Related Questions below.
- Writing Sentences & Paragraphs - Darlene, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 11:22pm
Thank you so much. I have reviewed all of them. But was just hoping I could get another set of eyes on this.
- Writing Sentences & Paragraphs - Darlene, Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 2:07pm
Here is the paragraph, can you please give your opinions?? thanks so very ver much for your help.
I am so excited to hear that you are looking for employment here in Summerville! I know you have previously worked as a cashier and sales clerk, but would you consider a change? My boss, Mr. Tom Hartman, the owner of Sunspot Fire and Equipment is looking for an assistant. He is seeking a dependable person that is a self-motivated, team player that has a desire to succeed. The job requires answering phones, data entry, scheduling appointments, typing and filing documents. You certainly have the skills for this position. You communicate with people very well; you are detail-oriented and very organized. I know how dependable, prompt, and honest you are, as well as always open to learn new things. I believe you should apply for this job because you have the skills. I hope you consider applying for this position. It would be great to have you on our team.
Wishing you the best,
- Writing Sentences & Paragraphs - Darlene, Friday, October 19, 2012 at 9:45am
Can you please review my revised paragraph? I have been working on this for two weeks. Need help! thanks so much
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Business writing - Background Your favorite cousin has moved to your town and is...
- college - Your favorite cousin has moved to your town and is looking for a job. ...
- business english - paragraph 2 Background Your favorite cousin has moved to your...
- business - plz plz help me with my assignment. This is the assignment:- •Your ...
- English - Writing Sentences & Paargraphs - Can you please review my revised ...
- Writing Sentences and paragraphs II - Your favorite cousin has moved to your ...
- english paragraph 8 - 12 sentences long - Your favorite cousin has moved to your...
- writing sentences and paragrahs - Your favorite cousin has moved to your town ...
- Writing Sentences And Paragraphs - Hello Sir/ Mam, I have assignments to be ...
- writing paragraphs and sentences - Background Your favorite cousin has moved to ...