Posted by EM on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 7:54pm.
I am trying to help my 4th grade daughter with homework and I am stuck with this question. Please help and explain how you got the answer.
Jill's fish weighs 8 times as much as her parakeet. Together, the pets weigh 63 ounces together. How much does the fish weigh?
A 7 ounces
B 49 ounces
C 55 Ounces
D 56 ounces
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 8:06pm
8x + x = 63
9x = 63
x = 63/9
x = 7 ounces
- math - EM, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 9:27pm
Thank you for explaining this to us.
- math - halp, Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 6:30pm
I still don't get it. Can somebody else explain?
- math - Anonymous, Monday, October 13, 2014 at 10:41pm
The correct answer is 56oz. Take 63 and divided it by 9. That will give 7oz. So 8x7 give you 56.
- math - Kaylee, Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 1:26am
- math - luke, Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 8:19pm
8x7=56. 63-7=56 a 7 oz.
- math - Ashley, Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 11:12pm
The correct awnser is 56 oz. Because if u divide 9 and 63 it will be 7 then if u multiply 8x7 equals 56oz.
- math - Kari, Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 9:13pm
- math - But face, Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 9:49pm
100 800 kdjbifc
- math - caden, Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 5:00pm
deez nuts dis dick
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Jill's fish weighs 8 times as much as her parakeet. Together, the pets ...
- Math - Im trying to help my daughter with some math homework and Im stuck can ...
- college math - Carl weighs 4 times more than his daughter. If Carl weighs 204 ...
- Math - Put these fractions in order from least to greatest.2/5 3/4 and 1/2. I am...
- Math (Trying to understand) 4th - Hi I need help with something. I need to ...
- 5th grade math - I'm helping my daughter with her homework and I'm trying too ...
- 4th grade - i have a question on my son homework explain why 36/9 is not a ...
- 8th Grade Algebra - 1. (y^2+6y+1)(3y^2-3) 2. (4x^2-2x-1)(3x-1) 3. (n^2-n+2)(n+2...
- MATH - i am in 4th grade doing my sisters homework dont ask why but i need help ...
- Math - Hello I am mother trying to explain to my 13 year-old daughter the result...