Posted by m on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 6:19pm.
The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate each and identify the fallacy using the matching list at bottom.
1. We can recognize that athletes who participate in sports must be given special consideration in our grading system, or we can let the university sink into athletic oblivion.
2. Despite endless efforts, no one has been able to prove that Santa Clause exists; we may as well stop trying and accept the truth: there is no Santa Clause.
3. Alicia started gaining more weight than ever when she started taking Slimdown; the stuff must be fattening!
4. No sensible person would support the Equal Rights Amendment. If it were to pass, we would have women in combat and unisex bathrooms. Eventually, we would not be able to tell women from men!
5. So what if I didn't claim all of the money I earned on my taxes? Lots of people underreport their income.
Choices (choice is used only once)
a. False Analogy
b. Appeal to Authority
c. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
d. Attacking the Person
e. Two Wrongs
f. Non Sequitur
h. False Dilemma
i. Black and White (Slippery Slope)
j. Hasty Generalization
k. Contrary-to-Fact Hypothesis
l. Ad Ignorantium
m. Appeal to Emotion
Can you please check my answers, I get confused on these and am not 100% sure.
Answer this Question
englsh - The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate ...
English - Identify examples of bias, fallacies, and specific rhetorical devices ...
english - what are the two formal fallacies? My answer- fallacy of denying the ...
COM 220 - Answer the following questions in a minimum of 500 words: Identify ...
english - what is a fallacies You can always look up terminology at www.answers....
researching essays - Identify examples of bias fallacies and specific rhetorical...
research writing - Identify examples of bias fallacies and specific rhetorical ...
English/Argument - How do I recognize or Identify fallacies within an argument? ...
com 220 - identify examples of bias, fallacies, and specifiic rhetorical devices...
Phil/251 - What Fallacy is this statement? We can recognize that althletes that ...