Posted by m on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 6:19pm.
The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate each and identify the fallacy using the matching list at bottom.
1. We can recognize that athletes who participate in sports must be given special consideration in our grading system, or we can let the university sink into athletic oblivion.
2. Despite endless efforts, no one has been able to prove that Santa Clause exists; we may as well stop trying and accept the truth: there is no Santa Clause.
3. Alicia started gaining more weight than ever when she started taking Slimdown; the stuff must be fattening!
4. No sensible person would support the Equal Rights Amendment. If it were to pass, we would have women in combat and unisex bathrooms. Eventually, we would not be able to tell women from men!
5. So what if I didn't claim all of the money I earned on my taxes? Lots of people underreport their income.
Choices (choice is used only once)
a. False Analogy
b. Appeal to Authority
c. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
d. Attacking the Person
e. Two Wrongs
f. Non Sequitur
h. False Dilemma
i. Black and White (Slippery Slope)
j. Hasty Generalization
k. Contrary-to-Fact Hypothesis
l. Ad Ignorantium
m. Appeal to Emotion
Can you please check my answers, I get confused on these and am not 100% sure.
Answer this Question
englsh - The following arguments contain various kinds of fallacies. Evaluate ...
English - Identify examples of bias, fallacies, and specific rhetorical devices ...
COM 220 - Answer the following questions in a minimum of 500 words: Identify ...
English - Teen Pregnancy • Create a full-sentence outline that includes ...
Writing research - What were some arguments and counter arguments of Martin ...
Eng/102 - I need help with Create a full-sentence outline that includes ...
researching essays - Identify examples of bias fallacies and specific rhetorical...
research writing - Identify examples of bias fallacies and specific rhetorical ...
Quantitative Literacy | MAT106 - In this assignment, look for and provide two ...
com 220 essay writing - what are some examples of bias, fallacies and specific ...