Posted by Carla on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 3:17am.
FuelMotion is an oil company that owns two oil processing plants that produce gasoline
from crude oil. Their Georgia Plant produces 2 thousand gallons of premium, 1 thousand
gallons of medium, and 6 thousand gallons of regular gasoline every day it operates.
Their Arizona Plant produces 3 thousand gallons of premium, 4 thousand gallons of
medium and 1 thousand gallons of regular gasoline per day of operation. Chevron has
placed an order for 110 thousand gallons of premium, 80 thousand gallons of medium,
and 90 thousand gallons of regular gasoline and has asked for the order to be filled within
30 days. If it costs FuelMotion $10,000 per day to operate the Georgia Plant and $20,000
per day to operate the Arizona Plant, then determine how it can fill Chevron's order at
minimum cost. Note: it may be necessary to produce more gas than demanded, due to the
way the plants operate.
a. Formulate a linear programming model (that is, define the variables, and write down
the objective function and all constraints mathematically).
b. Create a spreadsheet model for this problem and solve with Excel Solver.
c. What is the optimal solution? What is the optimal value?
- Help me choose my dress!! - Help me choose my dress!!, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 7:28am
I have done a bit of shopping around and internet hunting and found I really rea
- Am I the only one who doesn't want a White Dress? - Am I the only one who doesn&amp;amp;amp;am, Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 8:54pm
We're most likely getting married outside, and around late morning. Even though it's a wedding...to me, a big white gown doesn't fit with the surroundings/situation. <br><br>
There are another reason why I don't really want a big white gown either. I don't wear dresses very often but when I do I always buy quality. Wedding dresses seem to be too expensive for the quality they a
- Math/Management - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 1:26am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Managerial Economics - Please check Here gasoline output is mesured in thousands...
- Algebra - A petroleum company has two different sources of crude oil. The first ...
- MAth - Your lawnmower uses a gasoline and oil mixture for fuel. For every 2 ...
- Math - Based on a preliminary report by a geological survey team, it is ...
- math - Tema Oil Refinery ( TOR ) is the only company mandated to refine crude ...
- managerial economics - An article in Business Week reported the discovery of a ...
- Algebra II - An outboard motor calls for a fuel mixture that has a gasoline – to...
- Math - An oil company owns two refineries. The daily production limits and ...
- Algebra - The two largest oil spills together released 286 million gallons of ...
- Math - You need to mix some gas and oil in a 20:1 gas-oil-ratio. If you have 15 ...