Posted by Mckayla on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 1:49am.
Can you please check my answers?
Any questions involing italicized words just skip.
1. Choose the sentence in which the verb has a direct object.
A. They won the game.
B. She is insecure.
C. I walked away.
D. George was furious.
2. Which one of the following is a correct example of the plural possessive case?
A. woman's plans
B. it's place
C. men's plans
D. stone's throw
3. Select the sentence in which all pronouns are used correctly.
A. I sat between him and her during the sales conference.
B. I hope she will keep this between she and I.
C. Just between you and I, I am not impressed by our new manager.
D. Be sure to divide all income from the suburban property between he and I.
4. Which of the following is a correctly written compound word?
A. Thirty one
C. Spur of the moment-decision
5. Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier in italics?
A. He spoke sharply to his sister.
B. The sauce tasted bitterly, and I couldn't swallow it.
C. Joe looked sad at his broken bike.
D. I feel goodly now that I'm over the flu.
6. Choose the sentence which contains an indirect object.
A. I spent it immediately.
B. I worked hard each day.
C. It is difficult to save money.
D. They gave me a bonus.
7. Which one of the following sentences contains an error in its verb?
A. Both Clara and Nathan is planning to attend.
B. Either footnotes or endnotes are acceptable.
C. Not only the players but also coach Jarvis was late for practice.
D. Neither bananas nor squash was for sale.
8. Choose the sentence that has a subject complement.
A. The nurse felt my pulse.
B. I felt much better.
C. We can't leave without seeing her.
D. The day ended with many surprises.
9. What is the indirect object in the following sentence?
For her birthday, Jody bought Alice an angora sweater.
10. Which one of the following is a correct example of the singular possessive case?
A. audiences' reaction
B. women's club
C. king's rights
D. who's job
11. Choose the simple subject in the following sentence.
The tallest contestant won the prize.
12. Which one of the following is a correct spelling of a plural noun?
13. Choose the sentence below in which of is used correctly.
A. The boys surrendered, but they should of fought.
B. The bird flew north of the beach.
C. The three girls might of broken the records.
D. We should of left early.
14. Which of the following sentences contains an italicized word that's used as a predicate adjective?
A. Jerry looks ill today.
B. Jerry looks into the microscope.
C. Jerry looks at the map.
D. Jerry looks disdainfully at the pile of laundry.
15. Which one of the following word or words is an example of a correlative conjunction?
C. Either . . . or
16. In which one of the following sentences would the word cheerful correctly complete the statement?
A. Carolyn talked _______ about her experience.
B. Jonathan participated _______ in the holiday parade.
C. George laughed _______ when his wife teased him.
D. Gladys looked _______ when she heard the encouraging news.
17. Concerning dictionaries and their proper use, which one of the following statements is most accurate?
A. A dictionary's word entry offers a fixed, permanent meaning.
B. Foreign words are not included in English dictionaries.
C. Formal usage of a word is considered colloquial.
D. A syllable is a unit of sound.
18. Which of the following sentences does not properly use a subordinating conjunction?
A. As the man said, what comes around goes around.
B. He acts like he's going to cry.
C. You stay put unless I call for you.
D. I will refuse his demands because they are outrageous.
19. Which one of the following sentences contains an incorrect usage of the singular possessive?
A. Mary was dominant among Jesus' disciples.
B. The north forty has always been my family's land.
C. Icarus's fate was sealed when he approached the sun.
D. The alpha male is often the pack's leader.
End of exam
20. Select the sentence in which the verb correctly agrees with the subject.
A. Not only the muffler but also the spark plugs need to be replaced.
B. Les and Miranda is late for work today.
C. A copy of Moby Dick and several magazines has disappeared from my room.
D. Peggy and Phyllis drives me to Florida every winter.
These are my answers-
1. A 11. C
2. C 12. B
3. C 13. B
4. B skip
skip 15. C
6. D 16. D
7. A 17. D
8. B 18. B
9. D 19. C
10. C 20. A
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 8:14am
?? - 19
- Word usage - Elizabeth, Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 10:56am
1-c 2-b 3-a 4-b5-b6-b7-a8-c9-d10-b11-a12-b13-b14-a15-b16-a17-b18-d19-b20-c
- English - merica, Monday, August 4, 2014 at 12:35pm
answer is A,B,C, AND D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DD-D-D-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- English - Roman, Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 2:28pm
14. is (A)..... Believe
- English - Anonymous, Monday, February 16, 2015 at 4:22pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Choose the sentence in which the verb has a direct object. A. George ...
- English - Choose the sentence in which the verb has a direct object. 1. Sge is ...
- ENLISH - CHOOSE THE SENTENCE IN WHICH THE VERB HAS A DIRECT OBJECT. 1. SHE IS ...
- English - Please check my answers. 1) Choose the correct form of the pronoun in ...
- Grammar Please hurry please - Identify the words that correctly complete the ...
- Grammar - Which sentence does the verb have a direct object? She is insecure. or...
- Please check my answers ASAP - I did the work I just want to see if half of my ...
- Direct objects please check ASAP - 1.D 2.C and A 3.canoe 4.D 5.B and E 2.Which ...
- Pratical English - 11. Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier ...
- Sentence skills - 1. The following sentence is an example of which primary ...