Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 11:10pm.
Action movies make up to 85% of Devon's movie collection if he has 20 movies how many action movies are in Devon's collection?
I am not good with story problems!
6th grade Math - Emma, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 11:39pm
Change 85% to a decimal which is 0.85 and then times it by 20:
0.85*20 = ?
You times them together and you'll get your answer. Hope I helped!
6th grade Math - halima hassan, Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 9:28pm
i hate horizon
6th grade Math - Sofia, Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 12:45pm
Math - Amanda rose, Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 5:45pm
Make a proportion, and then make 85% into a fraction which is 85 over 100. Then make 20 int a fraction with a variable as the denominator and if you see that 20 can not go In to 85%. Then you cross multiply....I hope that helped a little
6th grade Math - Alyssa, Monday, February 13, 2017 at 5:09pm
x X 100 = 100x
85 X 20= 1700
Now divide 1700 by 100
1700 divided by 100=17
17 is your answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- HELP!!!MATHS!!! - A video rental store offers 436 different movies for rent. The...
- maths - A video rental store offers 436 different movies for rent. The movies ...
- English - What kind of movie do you like? Why? 1. I like comedy movies because I...
- math problem solving - joe has a collection of 35 dvd movies. he receives 8 of ...
- English - 1. I like action programs. 2. I like action movies. 3. I like action ...
- Math - Jamie has 12 comedies,15 action, 8 drama movies, and 9 romances films in ...
- Math 7th grade - 1) of the dolls in mo's doll collection, 1/5 have red hair. of ...
- maths - A movie company wants to make movies featuring various monsters. They ...
- Combinatorics - A movie company wants to make movies featuring various monsters...
- Economics - Multiple Choice: If the price of movies on video rises while the ...