Posted by Anon on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:05pm.
Which of the following sentences does NOT contain a dangling modifier?
A.Torn from its moorings, the high wind drove the boat onto the rocks.
B.Imported in the last century, the people on Easter Island outnumber the horses.
C.The Stanleys moved into the house, although it was only half finished.
I'm really not sure which one the answer is, but I'm thinking it may be B, but that is just a guess so please help :)
English-Grammar - Anon, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:19pm
please help. I think the answer is either B or C
English-Grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:46pm
Were the people imported in the last century?
English-Grammar - Anon, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:49pm
Yeah, it doesn't make sense for people to be imported. So the answer is C, then?
English-Grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:51pm
Yes, the answer is C.
English-Grammar - Anon, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:52pm
English-Grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:53pm
English-Grammar - Anonymous, Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 8:31pm
My bedroom looked spacious after painting the walls.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English: Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers - I have difficulty determining ...
- English - 1.Identify the underline phrase in the sentences: "Accordong to the ...
- English - What is the name of the common error in the following sentence? -...
- English 101 - Does this sentence contain a misplaced or dangling modifier? The ...
- English 101 - Sports fans may disagree about whether going to baseball games or ...
- english - Which of the following choices best describes the error in this ...
- english - In which sentence are the italicized words a dangling modifier? (A ...
- english - Josie’s project was a failure, having not prepared properly. Is it a: ...
- English - The reason she is not here is because she is ill. misplaced modifier ...
- english - Recall that a participle is a verb form that is used an adjective. A ...