posted by Ken .
1. According to the collision theory of chemical reactions:
A. High energy collisions result in few successful reactions as there isn’t sufficient time for the products to react.
B. High energy collisions lead to the successful formation of products.
C. Low energy collisions do not occur in the gas phase.
D. Low energy collisions result in many successful reactions are there is sufficient time for the reactants to form products.
E. All of the above
2. Given N2(g) ⇋ 2 NH3(g), which scenario will allow you to eventually reach an equilibrium mixture involving these chemicals?
A. Place only H2 into a sealed vessel
B. Place only NH3 into a sealed
C. Place only N2 into a sealed vessel.
D. All of the above Scenarios
E. None of the above
3. What must be TRUE for reaction possessing a large equilibrium constant?
A. The reaction rate is slow
B. The forward reaction is favored.
C. The reverse reaction is favored.
D. The reaction rate is fast.
E. None of the above.
4. Consider the reaction: 2N2O(g) ⇋ O2(g)+2N2(g). Which of the following will cause a shift in the equilibrium to the right?
1. Add more N2O
2. Remove O2
3. Remove N2
A. 1 and 3 only
B. 2 and 3 only
C. 1 and 2 only
D. All of 1,2, and 3
E. Neither 1,2, or 3
5. If an equilibrium reaction shifts to the right when the system is cooled, this indicated that the reaction is endothermic.
6. Which of the following is a triprotic acid?
B B B D B C