Posted by josh on .
1. For the reaction 2N2O(g) ⇋ O2(g) + 2N2(g), what happens to the equilibrium position if the pressure decreases?
A. Shift to the right
B. Shift to the left
D. Does nothing
2. if an equilibrium reaction shifts to the right when the system is cooled, this indicates that the reaction is endothermic.
3. Which of the following changes will increase reaction rate?
1. An increase in the concentration of reactants
2. An increase in temperature
3. Higher-energy collisions between reacting molecules
A. 1 and 2 only
B. 2 and 3 only
C. 1 and 3 only
D. All of 1,2, and 3
E. Neither 1,2, or 3
4. The rate of a reaction increase with increasing concentrations of reactants because you have more collisions occurring in a given time period.
5. The rate of a chemical reaction is inversely proportional to the temperature.
6. A chemical equilibrium exists when:
A. The sum of reactant and product concentrations equal on mole.
B. the rate which reactants form products becomes zero.
C. Reactant are completely changed to products.
D. There are equal amounts of reactants and products.
E. The rate at which reactants form products is the same as the rate at which products form reactants.
Five free answers for your post above. You need to learn to do these yourself.
Here is all you need to know (two things)
1. A reaction in equilibrium will try to undo what we do to it, and
2. A gas system in equilibrium will occupy the smaller volume with a pressure increase.