Posted by day on .
okay i want to check and see if my answers are corrects before i submit my stuff. can someone help ? i think i know the answers but the questions are:
1. The cotton gin changed agriculture in the South by (1 point)
A. simplifying the planting process.
B. making cotton the dominant crop.
C. combining cotton and wheat farms.
D. encouraging textile factory construction.
2. William Lloyd Garrison’s The Liberator was known for appealing to its readers’ sense of (1 point)
A. moral correctness.
B. modern convenience.
C. economic concern.
D. social status.
3. In the late 1840s, what led to the question of whether slavery should expand to the territories? (1 point
A. the enactment of the Wilmot Proviso
B. the violence of “Bleeding Kansas”
C. the results of the Mexican War
D. the attack at Harpers Ferry
4. Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin infuriated the South because it (1 point)
A. was a work of fiction by a Northern white woman.
B.spread anti-slavery sentiment in the North.
C. portrayed all slave owners as evil.
D. advocated a violent rebellion of slaves.
Use the quotation and your knowledge of social studies to answer the following questions.
“[T]he maintenance . . . of the rights of the States, and especially the right of each State to order and control its own domestic institutions according to its own judgment [alone], is essential to that balance of power on which the perfection and endurance of our political fabric depend. . . .”
—Abraham Lincoln, first inaugural address, March 4, 1861
5. Why did Lincoln refer to the right of each state to control its own affairs in his inaugural address? (1 point)
A. to assure the North that slavery would be abolished in all states
B. to affirm his belief in popular sovereignty
C. to assure the Confederate States of America that their decision to secede was valid
D. to assure the Southern states that they would make their own decisions about slavery
6. Which of the following contributed to Lincoln’s decision to address the issue of slavery in the South? (1 point)
A. He was angry about recent Union military defeats.
B. He wanted to antagonize the South.
C. He was worried about anti-slavery sentiment in Europe.
D. He wanted to build a strong base of political supporters.
7. How did the Civil War affect industries in the North? (1 point)
A. The North closed many industries.
B. Industries could not meet wartime demands.
C. Industries became more mechanized.
D. Northern industries had to ask the South for help.
I think the answers are: B,D,D,A,B,C,A,D,C,B
U.S history -
I disagree with your answers for 2, 3, and 4.