Posted by EM on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 9:55pm.
I make A snack mix by combining 3/4 of a pound of gummy bears with one pound of peanuts. I have 3 1/4 pounds of peanuts
a) how many pounds of gummy bears do I need to make the snack mix?
b) how many pounds of snack mix can I make?
My answers are:
I have a) 2 1/2 pounds of gummy bears is needed
b) I can make 7 1/2 pounds of snack mix
I am not sure if this correct, can you help, thanks
- math - Reiny, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 10:15pm
use a simple ratio equation , I will also change your numbers to decimals
gummy/.75 = 3.25 / 1
gummy = .75(3.25) = 2.4375 or 2 7/16 pounds of gummy bears
so total amount of snacks = 3.24 pounds of peanuts and 2.4375 pounds of gummy bears
= total of 5.6875 or 5 11/16 pounds of snack mix
my answer : 2.4375 : 3.25 = 3 : 4 which is what it should be
Your answer: 2.5 : 3.25 ≠ 3:4
- math - EM, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 10:19pm
Thank you so much for your help and explaining my wrong answer
- math - Reiny, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 10:38pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - I make A snack mix by combining 3/4 of a pound of gummy bears with one ...
- math - A nut wholesalersells a mix of peanuts and cashews. He charges $2.80 per ...
- Algebra - -your school club decides to hold a fundraiser by selling trail mix, ...
- math - susan wants to mix 10 pounds of virginia peanuts that cost $3.50 a pound ...
- college algebra - A store sells cashews for $5.00 per pound and peanuts for $1....
- finitemath - a store sells cashews for $5.00 per pound and peanuts for $1.50 per...
- Math - A manager bought 12 pounds of peanuts for $30. He wants to mix $5 per ...
- Math - Chad buys peanuts in 2 pound bags he repackages them into bags that hold ...
- MAH - CHAD BUYS PEANUTS IN 2-POUND BAGS. HE REPACKAGES THEM INTO BAGS THAT HOLD ...
- Honors Biology - We did a lab today in class where we observed the effects of ...