Posted by Cassidy on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 6:28pm.
For every 20 cakes ordered from Barry's Bakery, 8 cakes ordered are chocolate. Which proportion can be used to determine x, the total number of cakes ordered from the bakery when 30 chocolate cakes have been ordered?
A. 8/12 = x/30
B. 8/20 = x/30
C. x/8 = 30/20
D. 8/20 = 30/x
- homework math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 6:31pm
I'll be glad to check your answer.
- homework math - Damon, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 6:33pm
(8/20) x = 30
x = 600/8 = 75
- homework math - Cassidy, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:21pm
The answer is B?
8*30 = 20*x
240 = 20x
240/20 = x
12 = x
- homework math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:24pm
Nope. Please read the question again.
Damon's answer is correct.
- homework math - Cassidy, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:31pm
oh oh i see it now, i thought that 30 in all and how many are there in chocolate cake, i messed up the question. the answer should be D, right?
- homework math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:39pm
- homework math - Cassidy, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:42pm
thank you ^.^
- homework math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:50pm
You're welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - there are 7 children standing in a line ,not all of whom have the same ...
- MATH HELP PLEASE !! - Lexi works in a bakery that bakes 500 cakes each day. When...
- Math Analysis -graphical method - a bakery makes both cakes and cookies. each ...
- business math - The flour power bakery makes 200 cherry cheese cakes at a cost ...
- Maths - Please help me, Wendy went to a bakery to buy cakes and doughnuts. She ...
- Algebra - number of hours they worked at a cake shop during the holidays and the...
- math - A mother can make good cakes and pies. If she bakes 2 chocolate cakes and...
- MATHEMATICS - 3 CUPS OF CHOCOLATE MIX MAKE 18 CAKES OF THE SAME SIZE HOW MANY ...
- Math - The baker made 258 cakes.100 cakes were bought of a party.how many cakes ...
- math - At Laurita's bakery 3/5 of the baked goods are pies and the rest are ...