Posted by Please check me find the right words! on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 6:08pm.
Okay we are doing work from the texas write source skills book pages 61-70.
The directions say: write the correct word for each word in parentheses that is used incorrectly.
This is it: I will Number them . Please tell me if any are wrong. Thank you!
1(Accept) for 2(ringing)my hands nervously, I stood 3(stationery) behind the heavy velvet curtain. Each second 4(past) as slowly as an hour, but my heart beat faster 5(then) a drumroll until i thought my 6(vanes) would pop. I came up with a plan to run backstage, 7(lay) down, and send out anyone 8(beside) me to play my part.
9(Its) almost like Ms. Keadon, the director, 10(herd) what I was thinking. She wasn't about to 11(let) me alone. Before I got any 12(further), she spun me around, and firmly 13(brought) me back to my mark.
As a 14(moral) boost she whispered, "It's 15(all right). You are going to be 16(real) great. You can 16(led) this play. Now go out there and 17(brake) a leg!"
I knew she was 18(inferring) that she 19(choose) me to play the 20(principle) role in the play because she believed in me. That was quite a 21(complement), but how could I do 22(good) if I couldn't remember the first line? Why did I want this part so 23(bad) 24(anyways)? Was I under the 25(allusion) that acting was all about having fun and 26(waring) beautiful costumes? Had I forgotten how shy I am?
I panicked. Then I thought of all the hours Ms.Keadon would 27(learn) me and the other cast members our lines. I couldn't 28(dessert) them now. During every rehearsal. Ms. Keadon had treated us 29(as) professionals, and it was time I started to act 30(as) one.
14 All right
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 6:15pm
Great! All are right!
Somewhere your numbering got messed up, though.
- English - Please check me find the right words!, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 8:12pm
Thank you so much! I kind of realized this afterwards! Thanks again!
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 8:21pm
You're very welcome.
Answer this Question
- 3 grade english - directions- write each sentence. replace the underline word or...
- 3 grade english ms sue - vowels:r-controlled directions replace the sound in ...
- elementary - write a problem write a word problem involving the number of pages ...
- math - write a word problem involving the number of pages in a book. then write ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - subject and object pronouns DIRECTION - write SP if the...
- english - I picked topic which is Abuse and the history of the word which is ...
- Foreign Language, How to use a dictionary., - First of all purchasing a good ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - vowels: r-controlled riddle read a clud and write the ...
- English - Let's play the Word Relay Game. Look at the arrow. The first word on ...
- maths - 1) If I number the pages os a 36 page book, how many digits do I write? ...