Posted by Sam on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:14pm.
Using the approximation log10^2=0.301, find:
Logarithms - Steve, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:27pm
since 10^8 = 10^8,
log 10^8 = 8
giving the exponent makes finding the log easy, since a log is in fact an exponent
log 100 = 2
because 10^2 = 100
Wrong, typo - Damon, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:29pm
log 10^2 = IS NOT .301
log base 10 of 2 = .301
usually written log10(2)
I bet you want log base 10 of 8
log10 (2^3) = 3 log10(2) = 3(.301) = .903
which i bet is what your are looking for
Logarithms - Sam, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:36pm
Yes Damon that's what I meant. Thanks!
Logarithms - my bad - Steve, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:37pm
My bad. I didn't read the entire problem. I might even have caught the strange notation. Go with Damon.
Logarithms - Sam, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:39pm
It's fine. Thanks
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - If log10^9=0.95 and log10^2=0.30, find the following: 1. log10^9/2 2...
- math -logarithm - Use the definition of logarithm to simplify each expression. ...
- math - My teacher assigned us this problem: Using the following logarithms Log2,...
- Math - What is the logarithmic function modeled by the following table? x f(x) 8...
- Math - Solve log10(8 x) − log10(1 + √x) = 2 for x.
- phyiscs repost 2 - Calculate the sound level in decibels of a sound wave that ...
- math - use the power law of logarithms to verify the product law of logarithms ...
- chemistry. am i doing this right? - 1.) One of the trials in this week's ...
- Math - I can't calculate 1 as the answer given to the following problem. I keep ...
- Pre Calculs - The pH of a chemical solution is given by the formula pH = -log10...