Posted by Marco on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 1:09pm.
X - 5 = 1
I'm trying to type and tell you it's x-5 over 3 equals 1
I don't know how to do
I think I have to do reverse operation which is multiply
- algebra - David Q/R, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 1:13pm
(x-5)/3 = 1, so multiply both sides of the equation by 3, and you'll get
(x-5) = 3.
Now add 5 to both sides of the equation and you'll get
x = 3 + 5 = 8.
And that's your answer.
- algebra - Marco, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 1:17pm
Ok. I get it know
3/1 *x-5/3. = 1*3
X-5 = 3
+5 = 3+5
So next time I should do what I think which multiple. I just got thrown off cuz of x-5
- algebra - David Q/R, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 1:29pm
- algebra - Marco, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 4:52pm
Word problem. You cut a 2 m long board into 2 pieces . One piece is 10 cm shorter than the other. How long are each boards.?
I got. 1 pc at 80!cm. the other 1pc at 100 cm
Is this right ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - X-5/3 =1 Or X - 5 = 1 ______ 3 I'm trying to type and tell you it's x-...
- MATH - I need help ASAP. A firm produces its output in two plants, A and B.a. To...
- history - What was the secret CIA operation to overthrow the Cuban Government ...
- Pre-Algebra 7th - What does 20 divided by 4 minus 5 plus 12 equal? I'm trying to...
- 6th grade science - My son has to Compare and Contrast a normal fault and a ...
- Linear Algebra - A hospital performs 3 types of operations. The first type takes...
- Pre-Algebra - If negative 20 equals 168, negative 15 equals 153, negative 10 ...
- math - It is hard to type fractions here, but I will try. My book says I need to...
- spanish - Yo ______ lavo ______ manos y ______ cara. ______ cepillo ______ ...
- Algebra - Which rational number equals 0 point 1 with bar over 1? 1 over 11 1 ...