Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 11:58am.
Triangle with vertices:
Show that the right bisectors of the sides of triangleDEF all intersect at point C(-4,4), the circumcentre of the triangle.
-I found the midpoint of DF then the slope of the midpoint and point E, then found y intercept of new point (midpoint I labelled A) I then subbed point C into the equation of the line found. But it doesn't seem to be equally each other as they should...help!
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 12:40pm
Problem #1 is that you are not finding the right-bisector, but rather the medians
I will describe the steps to find your first right-bisector
1. the midpoint of DF is A(-3, 9)
2. slope of DF = 6/-30 = - 1/5
3. So the slope of the right-bisector of DF is +5
4. equation of right-bisector is
y = 5x + b , but A(-3,9) lies on it, so
9 = 5(-3) + b
b = 24
right-bisector of DF is y = 5x + 24
repeat those steps for one of the other sides
solve those two equations, you should get (-4,4)
Find the equation of the third side, using the above steps
Sub in (-4,4) to see if it satisfies the third equation, it should !!
- Math - Anonymous, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 1:15pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- pre-calculus - triangle KLM has vertices K(0,0), L(18,0), and M(6,12). a. Write ...
- GEOMETRY ONE QUESTION PLEASE HELP!!!!! - Where is the circumcenter of any given ...
- Math - Triangle AOB has vertices A(4,4), O(0,0), and B(8,0). EF right bisects AB...
- geometry - In triangle ABC, X and Y are the midpoints of BC and AC, respectively...
- Algebra - Find the coordinates of the midpoint of the hypotenuse of the right ...
- Math - Two vertices of a right triangle are (0,1) and (0,6). The area of the ...
- geometry - the vertices of triangle ABC are A(1,7)B(9,3)C(3,1) a.prove that the ...
- math - The vertices of a triangle are listed below. H(-2,4), I(22,4), J(10,-1) ...
- Analytic Geometry - The line segment joining a vertex of a triangle and the ...
- Geometry - 1. The sides of a triangle have lenghts x, x+4, and 20. Specify those...